Aleph One on ModDB.com!

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.
xilef
Cyborg

I have added Aleph One to the list of game engines on ModDB, if we all start posting content on it then I'd expect a lot more players will start on this.
Seriously, if you want to get your Aleph One content noticed then post it on ModDB.
http://www.moddb.com/engines/aleph-one

If anyone is new to ModDB, it is basically a game website about game modifications, it's a place to post mappacks, texture alternatives, total converted content games, your full Aleph One mods such as Marathon: Red or Evil, those kind of scenarios go to ModDB. It is probably one of the most recognised Modding website, so I wouldn't be surprised if the number of Aleph One online players starts to rise and the ammount of custom content.

I have only recently added the engine to the list, so if anyone can think of anymore content that deserves to go on it then please post it.
I can only think of benefits with adding Aleph One to moddb, perhaps someone can post a link back to pfhorums so this community can expand itself.
Last edited by xilef on Nov 20th '08, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.
xilef
Cyborg

Windbreaker wrote:Finally Sovereignty will be popular.
Well, I haven't heard of it. People new to AlephOne and marathon as a whole through moddb will be able to check it out first time.
Why hasn't anyone posted the engine onto ModDB before? Seems like an obvious place to post it on.
treellama
Vidmaster

This might be a good idea, if someone is going to keep it up to date, and not just have it be another site full of abandoned mods with "last updated" dates of three years or more ago.

Hey, maybe that's why nobody posted the engine there.
xilef
Cyborg

Treellama wrote:This might be a good idea, if someone is going to keep it up to date, and not just have it be another site full of abandoned mods with "last updated" dates of three years or more ago.

Hey, maybe that's why nobody posted the engine there.
As I was the one who posted it I will keep it up to date, however anyone can post updates, download links to different games, media such as videos and screenshots, infact I would love it if people started posting up their screenshots and videos and mappacks. Mappacks should go under downloads section of course.
$lave

Feel free to post Cosmic Clouds on there (or any of my map packs, aside from the M1A1 netpack), but I don't want to get an account for that site just to upload a couple files which are already on Simplici7y. Maybe you should just mention S7 on A1's moddb page.
xilef
Cyborg

$lave wrote:Feel free to post Cosmic Clouds on there (or any of my map packs, aside from the M1A1 netpack), but I don't want to get an account for that site just to upload a couple files which are already on Simplici7y. Maybe you should just mention S7 on A1's moddb page.
Actually, I'll PM some of the popular projects for permission to post them up on ModDB. I was just about to do this when I read your reply!
EDIT: If people want to make it easier for me then please:
Have a 50 word summary of your file, a screenshot that is under 500kb and the file for me to upload to ModDB! PM me for more info or your file for me to get onto ModDB.
If it's a full game then you need to send me a 32x32 icon and a 950x150 banner.
Last edited by xilef on Nov 23rd '08, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.