Marathon in 3D

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.
Samus

Ok, this probably isn't what you were thinking about when you clicked the link, But does any one have a program that can alter images to make them 3D glasses compatible, IE the cyan/red cardboard ones that come in cereal boxes or imax ones if ur a rich ass. I tried to make a sprite work for this but A, it makes the mask look a little borked and PS isn't really good at it when I don't know what to do. If someone knows of the software, I can alter all the sprites, Would look quite funny on large screen as they would pop out.
Samus

If you still don't know what I mean, These are goggles/glass you need

And here is what an image that is done correctly should look like (glasses off)

I also read that NVIDIA cards can do it for you but I am unsure of it, either my card sucks, it isn't compatable with mac or it requires 3D enabled games.

I've played a few games that have the setting in the options to turn 3D on and off and some of the fancy games like nanosaur 2 have the option to use the standard cyan red glasses or to use the imax style ones. Although nanosaur sucks and I tell you never to look, play or search its name.
Last edited by Samus on Apr 13th '07, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.
treellama
Vidmaster

You need Windows to do anaglyphic stereo with nvidia:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d_stereo.html

(although anaglyphic is not mentioned on that page, I seem to recall they can do it)
Samus

yeah but i play software and it said something about opengl, so I would have to alter textures.
treellama
Vidmaster

Install those drivers, and enable OpenGL. That's it. Why would you think you need to alter textures?
Samus

Ok cool, I will download the drivers and test it when my G5 is free. I might compile them into one file and make a few maps for 3D ie big structures and buildings. I hope the background doesn't screw up too much, I don't think they will repeat to well and the moon texture doesn't even repeat at all (as see on my G3),

Wait, windows only did it say?
Last edited by Samus on Apr 13th '07, 20:33, edited 1 time in total.
kineticturtle
Vidmaster

Treellama wrote:You need Windows to do anaglyphic stereo with nvidia:
Samus

Yup, now I jst gotta find myself a VR headset. Or waste money on a PC.