Marathon Fan Pfhor Over Half a Decade

Introduce yourself here!
ForeverBlackened
Born on Board

I first heard of the Marathon series when I was 14 or 15 and I remember the first time I ever beat Ne Cede Malis. Oh the nostalgia of beating that level.

As of lately I have been wanting to co-op with someone on Rubicon, Phoenix, The Gray Incident, or Eternal 1.0.3 Lite. Where should I go to suggest a cooperative multiplayer game? :rolleyes:
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

You could try the marathon discord. People there are occasionally willing to play random scenarios. But you'll have to be very patient trying to put a game together.
ForeverBlackened
Born on Board

Ah. I prefer going it alone but was considering an experience of sorts. Or somehow I could start a Yuge server FFS.
The Man
Vidmaster

Depending upon scheduling, I might be interested in playing any or all of those scenarios co-op, or for that matter the original trilogy. I’ve been playing this game off and on for at least twenty-one years and I don’t think I’ve ever actually played a co-op net game.

I should probably join the Marathon Discord at some point.

Welcome, also, since I think I forgot to say that before.
“People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.” —V, V for Vendetta (Alan Moore)

“The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. If you can’t lick ’em, join ’em. If it hurts, repeat it. But to praise despair is to condemn delight, to embrace violence is to lose hold of everything else. We have almost lost hold; we can no longer describe happy man, nor make any celebration of joy.” —Ursula K. Le Guin, “The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas”

“If others had not been foolish, we should be so.” —William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

“The law cannot protect anyone unless it binds everyone; and it cannot bind anyone unless it protects everyone.” —Frank Wilhoit

Last.fm · Marathon Chronicles · Marathon Eternal 1.2 · Where Monsters Are in Dreams · YouTube Vidmaster’s Challenge
ravenshining
Vidmaster

Welcome! I'd love to try a co-op game one of these days, although I generally can only play on Saturdays (which might easily be Sunday for you depending where you live) and tend to have absurdly high ping.
The Man
Vidmaster

I should probably be free most Saturday nights/early Sunday mornings, so that should work. (I will probably not be up to participate in anything past about 3-4am EDT unless I’ve just stayed up for it.)
“People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.” —V, V for Vendetta (Alan Moore)

“The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. If you can’t lick ’em, join ’em. If it hurts, repeat it. But to praise despair is to condemn delight, to embrace violence is to lose hold of everything else. We have almost lost hold; we can no longer describe happy man, nor make any celebration of joy.” —Ursula K. Le Guin, “The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas”

“If others had not been foolish, we should be so.” —William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

“The law cannot protect anyone unless it binds everyone; and it cannot bind anyone unless it protects everyone.” —Frank Wilhoit

Last.fm · Marathon Chronicles · Marathon Eternal 1.2 · Where Monsters Are in Dreams · YouTube Vidmaster’s Challenge
ForeverBlackened
Born on Board

I'll plan on hosting either a Rubicon or Phoenix co-op game on Saturday night or so. I will set a time that we can agree on. :p
Tycho X
Cyborg

Welcome to the Pfhorums!

Hope your game hosting works out for you. Either way, good luck.

('over half a decade' made me laugh considering we have some fans here who've been playing Marathon for... nearly three decades? I'm not one of them, heh)

EDIT: Just realised I pocked a several months-old thread, whoops. ^_^
Frog blast the vent core!
$lave wrote:Damnit bridgit, you are forgetting how fucking serious business the internet is.
The Man
Vidmaster

Not even a month old, actually. And in any case the first game will turn twenty-four on December 21st, so not quite two and a half decades old. For my part, though, I've probably been playing off and on since late 1996 or early 1997 (my earliest contributions to the Story page are sometime around March 1997, IIRC).