Hey guys.

Introduce yourself here!
NXF
Cyborg

I'm from the Windows side of life, although I have used a lot of Macs in school. I started playing Marathon on June '09 (which I know is not all that long ago) after downloading it from Aleph One. I have had a few problems with some scenarios, specifically those that were not from source.bungie.org, as they have not loaded and the readmes don't help at all (meaning their instructions don't work). A bit of help on this would be nice.
Last edited by NXF on Jan 10th '10, 02:02, edited 1 time in total.
treellama
Vidmaster

You could start by saying which scenario you are trying to run. If you mean for us to guess, it could take a while--there are an awful lot.
NXF
Cyborg

Treellama wrote:You could start by saying which scenario you are trying to run. If you mean for us to guess, it could take a while--there are an awful lot.
I tried running Squadron, Trojan (the one from orbrtalarm meant for Aleph One), Blood of Bin Laden, Origin of Species, and Siege of Nor'Korh, all of which were the versions meant for Aleph One. M1A1 also glitched on Pfhoraphobia and wouldn't let me leave after killing the alien cyborg (I checked, I was in the right spot to leave), and as of recent, Eupfhoria wouldn't let me leave either.
treellama
Vidmaster

Hmm, for any of the Unimaps, just copy AlephOne.exe into the folder and double click it. That's probably what the instructions say, too.
goran
Vidmaster

Last edited by goran on Jan 10th '10, 16:08, edited 1 time in total.
NXF
Cyborg

Treellama wrote:Hmm, for any of the Unimaps, just copy AlephOne.exe into the folder and double click it. That's probably what the instructions say, too.
I did that and my computer wouldn't launch the unimaps. I got a text document with most of them that said that it was not installed properly, even though I followed the instructions (if there were any).
treellama
Vidmaster

Can you post a screenshot of the folder?
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Can you post a screenshot of the folder?
Attachments
folder.jpg
folder.jpg (4.25 KiB) Viewed 3312 times
NXF
Cyborg

Treellama wrote:Can you post a screenshot of the folder?
I got Blood of Bin Laden to work (yes!), and here are some of the folders:

The Trojan image was from the Trojan for Aleph One SDL, I followed its instructions and that was as far as the instructions went. Nothing else worked after them though. @Goran: that helped, I am now on Welcome to the Revolution.
Attachments
Squadronfolder.PNG
Squadronfolder.PNG (59.48 KiB) Viewed 3312 times
Trojanfolder.PNG
Trojanfolder.PNG (41.98 KiB) Viewed 3312 times
Originfolder.PNG
Originfolder.PNG (41.96 KiB) Viewed 3312 times
NorKorhfolder.PNG
NorKorhfolder.PNG (42.08 KiB) Viewed 3312 times
Last edited by NXF on Jan 10th '10, 23:17, edited 1 time in total.