Hello

Introduce yourself here!
Insomniac
Born on Board

Hello, I'm not really new here or to the Marathon Community in general. I had an account here a long time ago but my Hard Drive crashed and I lost everything, including all my login information for pretty much every website I ever created an account on, or at least the ones I cared about. I stopped coming here quite some time ago so I forgot my login information and since my Hard Drive crashed, FireFox lost my login information as well.

Therefor, I had to create a new account. It doesn't really bother me though, my old username was pretty dumb anyways and I'd like a fresh start.

So anyways, I'm only creating this thread to introduce myself once again. I'm sure no one will remember me, especially since I don't plan on telling you what my old username was. If you're smart you can probably figure it out somehow. I dunno, I remember there being smart people here when I used to come here. But yeah anyways, I hope to have a good time here and continue playing Marathon as I once did. I might leave every once and a while but I'll probably end up coming back eventually. So please don't delete this account.

I have two other accounts that need to be deleted however. I had some trouble making an account and ended up making three on accident.

Also, I'd like some help finding a few things.

First off, I'd like the Night Time Lh'owon Landscape from Marathon 2 Durandal as my desktop. I remember finding a .jpg of it but I can't find it anymore. If someone would be so kind as to put my search to an end?

Second, $lave, I remember you but you probably don't remember me but anyways I'd like to know where you got your new HUD? I am of course referring to the HUD in this image: http://www.simplici7y.com/screenshot/file/361/rhubarb2.png

Thanks in return.
Miak
Cyborg

Hello, isn't Insomniac the exact name of the company that made the Spyro series?

Anyway, that HUD looks like a more Hi-depth version of the HUD used on the Xbox 360 version of Marathon Durandal, so I'm guessing searching for mods that replicate the Xbox version should find you a download for it.
Insomniac
Born on Board

Yeah, thanks for the help, I found it at the, *GASP*, The Lh'owon Ar'kives! The last time I was around the Marathon Community, that site had met it's demise. I thought it would be down forever but now it's back! Hooray!

Here's the HUD for anyone else who wants it. http://fileball.bungie.org/index.php?optio...own&id=3468

I'm still looking for the Night Time Lh'owon picture though. :P Perhaps the Art section of the Pfhorums will be more useful.

And yes, Insomniac is the name of the company that made the Spyro series. It is rather unfortunate that I lost my old PlayStation quite some time ago. I loved Spyro.

I named myself Insominac because I have minor insomnia in real life. I figured that it was fitting to name myself that.
Dugit
Vidmaster

If you want that Lh'owon Landscape, there are two methods I'd use.

1) Take a screenshot, using a script to remove the HUD.
2) Using ShapeFusion or Anvil, find the landscape in the textures files.

Since I've never done this before, please don't be disappointed if you can't do it from these pieces of information.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
irons
Vidmaster

How are you, JC.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
Insomniac
Born on Board

irons wrote:How are you, JC.
I'm OK, how are you?
envy
Mjolnir Mark IV

Or to get the background, go to simplici7y and download the texture enhancement pack, and then put it through graphics converter, a somewhat free program.
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.
treellama
Vidmaster

irons wrote:How are you, JC.
I really would be lost without you, irons.
thermoplyae
Mjolnir Mark IV

Treellama wrote:I really would be lost without you, irons.
yeah, i read his post and thought "Oh thank god, irons had the grace to throw me the social cue I needed."

If only JC had had the decency to do the same!
dude, seriously. dude.
Insomniac
Born on Board

thermoplyae wrote:yeah, i read his post and thought "Oh thank god, irons had the grace to throw me the social cue I needed."

If only JC had had the decency to do the same!
I figured it was obvious enough. From the looks of things I actually don't plan on sticking around so I suppose it would make sense to ignore all my posts, especially the first one seeing as how I said I planned on sticking around. Dunno why I said that, I was tired yesterday when I wrote that -_-
Last edited by Insomniac on Dec 30th '09, 04:44, edited 1 time in total.
envy
Mjolnir Mark IV

you should make another another account.
Insomniac
Born on Board

Envy wrote:you should make another another account.
I should make over 9000 new accounts. But alas, I don't have the time.
Dugit
Vidmaster

9000 may be out of reach, but what of another... another?
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.

gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

Dugit
Vidmaster

Why was that necessary?

envy
Mjolnir Mark IV

Theres no way that can be right.
Insomniac
Born on Board

Dugit wrote:Why was that necessary?
Because it was.