Another new guy

Introduce yourself here!
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

So, I'm not really that new to Marathon, I've beaten the first one, Eternal, and Tempus Irae, and plan on beating The Gray Incident next (if possible). Not sure how much I'll be posting round here, but yeah, hi :P
ukimalefu
Mjolnir Mark IV

gmanyo wrote:So, I'm not really that new to Marathon, I've beaten the first one, Eternal, and Tempus Irae, and plan on beating The Gray Incident next (if possible). Not sure how much I'll be posting round here, but yeah, hi :P
Oh hi, and welcome.

You MUST play Marathon 2 Durandal and Infinity if you haven't: http://source.bungie.org/get/

And come play online sometime (that would most likely be with Infinity files)
[MSmile]
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

ukimalefu wrote:Oh hi, and welcome.

You MUST play Marathon 2 Durandal and Infinity if you haven't: http://source.bungie.org/get/

And come play online sometime (that would most likely be with Infinity files)
[MSmile]
Actually, I got a few levels into Durandal, and it just bugged me. Didn't like all the liquids.
I like the plot in Eternal, it is awesome. And the straight up massacre-style gameplay of The Gray Incident (which I'm playing now) is way fun. I plan on beating Durandal eventually, though.
effigy
Mjolnir Mark IV

Welcome!
Thank the sun that went nova so that Earth could have iron and silicon.
L'howon
Vidmaster

gmanyo wrote:Actually, I got a few levels into Durandal, and it just bugged me. Didn't like all the liquids.
I like the plot in Eternal, it is awesome. And the straight up massacre-style gameplay of The Gray Incident (which I'm playing now) is way fun. I plan on beating Durandal eventually, though.
Don't forget the endless textures in Eternal that all seem to blend together into one bland color!
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.
infestedsmith
Cyborg

Lh'owon, sadly what you say is true. Eternal is an interesting project, however it always seemed to try too hard to be big and jammed with content rather then quality. The first few missions drove me nuts the way everything looked the same. Took me a good amount of time just to find the danged way out.
Cold Fusion Games
Marathon: Infested is a fully 3D Marathon game, built from the ground up using a cross platform, stand-alone game engine.
Progress is plentiful...
Marathon: Infested
L'howon
Vidmaster

Yeah.. I'd rather have seen a couple well done detailed maps, then 50 mediocre maps that reuse the same textures over and over again.

Though to Pfhorrest's credit, once you get towards the last 10-15 levels, things look a little more interesting. I just hope he fixes the massive lag in the success levels. When it's hard to maneuver, and you have to make all those complicated jumps and such, it gets frustrating. Here's to Omega!
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

Lh wrote:Yeah.. I'd rather have seen a couple well done detailed maps, then 50 mediocre maps that reuse the same textures over and over again.

Though to Pfhorrest's credit, once you get towards the last 10-15 levels, things look a little more interesting. I just hope he fixes the massive lag in the success levels. When it's hard to maneuver, and you have to make all those complicated jumps and such, it gets frustrating. Here's to Omega!
Yeah, it has alot of mediocre levels, but I think that a few of them were REALLY good. Not all of them (especially the S'pht rebellion levels) were good, but most of the Pfhor ship levels were fun. Also, the graphics were made to be high-end, you just need a fast system to run them on full. To fix the lag, one would need to change the entire game code to something more compatible with modern computers and something more advanced, which would basically mean creating an entire new game (or, at least, I would guess, but I might be wrong).
Also, Eternal had one of the greatest plots I have ever seen in a game, its only major flaw being that it became confusing at the end. The writing in the game was spectacular.
L'howon
Vidmaster

gmanyo wrote:Yeah, it has alot of mediocre levels, but I think that a few of them were REALLY good. Not all of them (especially the S'pht rebellion levels) were good, but most of the Pfhor ship levels were fun. Also, the graphics were made to be high-end, you just need a fast system to run them on full. To fix the lag, one would need to change the entire game code to something more compatible with modern computers and something more advanced, which would basically mean creating an entire new game (or, at least, I would guess, but I might be wrong).
Also, Eternal had one of the greatest plots I have ever seen in a game, its only major flaw being that it became confusing at the end. The writing in the game was spectacular.
http://www.pfhorums.com/viewtopic.php?t=4324
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

I just use the jump cheat on the Success levels. All you've gotta do is leap over the canyon you start off facing and fall into the little hole.
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

They're using blender?

Cool!