I Be New

Introduce yourself here!
The Red Snifit
Born on Board

Hey, I'm a new person. You may call me The Red Snifit or TRS.
I used to play Marathon with a friend back in the day. (The exact year, I can't remember, but it was probably pre-2000) We had some great fun, and then it was shelved and forgotten for what seemed to be good.
Fast forward to a few days ago.

"Hey, do you remember that game we used to play all the time?"
"Um... You mean Marathon?"
"Yeah, well, it's free now with this thing called Aleph One."
"Really? Awesome. I'll have to check it out in a bit"

...And here I am. I've already lurked a bit, so I know how the forum is. I'm in the middle of playing though the trilogy again, and it'll probably be a little bit before I can get into multiplayer again. And... Yeah.
So, hello, fellow Marathon fans. I hope my stay here will be a good one.
Jim
Cyborg

Welcome. Good to see a faithful Marthoner. [spnkr]
I don't care anymore.
visciom
Cyborg

Welcome to the Pfhorums.
The Man
Vidmaster

Welcome to the boards dood.
“People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.” —V, V for Vendetta (Alan Moore)

“The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. If you can’t lick ’em, join ’em. If it hurts, repeat it. But to praise despair is to condemn delight, to embrace violence is to lose hold of everything else. We have almost lost hold; we can no longer describe happy man, nor make any celebration of joy.” —Ursula K. Le Guin, “The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas”

“If others had not been foolish, we should be so.” —William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

“The law cannot protect anyone unless it binds everyone; and it cannot bind anyone unless it protects everyone.” —Frank Wilhoit

Last.fm · Marathon Chronicles · Marathon Eternal 1.2 · Where Monsters Are in Dreams · YouTube Vidmaster’s Challenge
CryoS
Vidmaster

enjoy your stay.
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
Kidtofu
Cyborg

Welcome to The only place you need to go for your Marathon needs. (Atleast, now that Fileball Is Dead. . .)

Enjoi your stay, and remember, don't jump in pits of lava without a map D:
En Taro Adun,
Executor.

Im dead, man!
megabyte
Vidmaster

the welcome train is here
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]