Nobody loves me

The best of the Pfhorums.
Ashakanar
Born on Board

W wrote:It means he really doesn't know how to say anything without sounding stupid.
You must not understand english very well then.

Anywho, I did not want to start a flame war again, I just wanted to state that I couldn't believe Ryoko posted this here and that of the 3d Modeler.

The Black Wolf
The Thug
Vidmaster

Ashakanar wrote:Not just him in particular, the whole community.
Your right, he is nothing... :P
Not just him, The whole community
Now you're going to have to deal with the wrath of the whole community.

You're insulting marathon. That means you have no right to be here, so just leave.
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.
megabyte
Vidmaster

Ashakanar wrote:You know, I never thought of it that way.. I never knew how good 8 flat images could look! They look so realistic, don't they?
games are an escape from reality and are supposed to be fun.
would you rather have a realistic game where you play as a man doing real work with perfect graphics and the highest quality sounds? sounds like every day life doesn't it? if you want perfect 3d graphics go outside

and reply to things in order. it will make you seem like less of an idiot.

EDIT:
Ashakanar wrote:Anywho, I did not want to start a flame war again, I just wanted to state that I couldn't believe Ryoko posted this here and that of the 3d Modeler.
he can announce himself unless he is a moron like you
Last edited by megabyte on Sep 10th '07, 00:43, edited 1 time in total.
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]
Ashakanar
Born on Board

The Thug wrote:Now you're going to have to deal with the wrath of the whole community.

You're insulting marathon. That means you have no right to be here, so just leave.
I would never insult Marathon. Marathon is one of the great games made by Bungie. I am not insulting the Aleph One community. You guys just are not doing anything that advances you anywhere. Thats all. Look to the Future.
thermoplyae
Mjolnir Mark IV

bahahahahahahahahahaha
dude, seriously. dude.
Ashakanar
Born on Board

Megabyte wrote:games are an escape from reality and are supposed to be fun.
would you rather have a realistic game where you play as a man doing real work with perfect graphics and the highest quality sounds? sounds like every day life doesn't it? if you want perfect 3d graphics go outside

EDIT:

Maybe you need to re-read your post again. I did answer you in order. I just didn't use any quotes.

Games for me is about being immersed in a realistic world. I guess that is why I do not play FPS's anymore.
megabyte
Vidmaster

Ashakanar wrote:You guys just are not doing anything that advances you anywhere. Thats all. Look to the Future.
we are advancing it but we like the original. if we wanted full 3d and all kinds of other enhancements we would play another game.
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]
Ashakanar
Born on Board

thermoplyae wrote:bahahahahahahahahahaha
Laughing is good for the soul. What I am having trouble with, though is, why are YOU laughing?
soulblighter
Cyborg

Megabyte wrote:games are an escape from reality and are supposed to be fun.

EDIT:

I agree with everything.
It's the unrealism of games that make them good.
Last edited by soulblighter on Sep 10th '07, 00:52, edited 1 time in total.
[viral]
Nobody hipped me to that, dude.
I will blight your soul!
The Thug
Vidmaster

Ashakanar wrote:I would never insult Marathon. Marathon is one of the great games made by Bungie. I am not insulting the Aleph One community. You guys just are not doing anything that advances you anywhere. Thats all. Look to the Future.
What are talking about?? Are you saying making maps, physics, sounds, marathon artwork, and all the other stuff we do relating to marathon is nothing?? We make this stuff so we can enjoy an awesome game and have fun. You're insulting the act of enjoying marathon. You're no marathon fan. Leave.
Last edited by The Thug on Sep 10th '07, 00:51, edited 1 time in total.
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Ashakanar wrote:Laughing is good for the soul. What I am having trouble with, though is, why are YOU laughing?
I think at this point everyone is laughing. Thanks for bringing this amazing topic back to life.
Ashakanar
Born on Board

Megabyte wrote:we are advancing it but we like the original. if we wanted full 3d and all kinds of other enhancements we would play another game.
Ok, Just don't expect anyone new to come at all. You are all going to leave 1 by 1 and then there will be no aleph one. That is something I do not want to see.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Ashakanar wrote:Ok, Just don't expect anyone new to come at all. You are all going to leave 1 by 1 and then there will be no aleph one. That is something I do not want to see.
Maybe you should just wait for The One's fork of alephone. I'm sure he'll be happy to do all sort of crazy shit to the engine.
$lave

Ashakanar wrote:Good luck brining Marathon out of the hole you have dug yourself.

I kinda was hoping that M2 for the 360 would spark some real development on the A1 engine. But I was wrong. Nothing is going to change you. You will all be content playing in your sprite filled worlds. Fine whatever, but that won't attract new players, I can tell you that.

I ask you, is making new net maps over and over bettering the community?

You know, I never thought of it that way.. I never knew how good 8 flat images could look! They look so realistic, don't they?

I would never insult Marathon. Marathon is one of the great games made by Bungie. I am not insulting the Aleph One community. You guys just are not doing anything that advances you anywhere. Thats all. Look to the Future.
I believe you completely contradicted yourself there, seeing as how you WERE insulting marathon, unless I simply missinterperated what you were saying.
Oh and by the way, I found a great 3d modeler.He used to model for the Elder Scrolls Community. He wants to get back into modeling. I told him that he might want to model for A1. Expect him to come to the Chat Room in a couple of days.
So are we supposed to feel guilty because you made an ass out of yourself?
Games for me is about being immersed in a realistic world.
If you wan't to be immersed in a realistic world, GO OUTSIDE! Honestly, the only game I can think of that is a realistic looking world where you don't kill people is Myst, although jumping into books is not too realistic... (Myst is a great game though)

You take things on the internet FAR to seriously. I realize being insulted isn't fun, especially when it's a community that you are part of that's insulting you, but you don't seem to like marathon very much, or the community besides about 3 people. Honestly, get over it.
Last edited by $lave on Sep 10th '07, 01:03, edited 1 time in total.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Wow, I can not believe you actually posted this here. Sad. Good luck brining Marathon out of the hole you have dug yourself.
Yeah... it sure sucks that I completely doomed the game and the community by posting this idiotic topic. Guys, I'm terribly sorry. I don't deserve anything I have.
he isn't an a1 dev so how can he do anything to further develop the a1 engine?
You would be surprised at how much responsibility I apparently shoulder. Seeing as I single-handedly destroyed the entire community with this one little topic, I clearly held tremendous power in my hands and used it for eeeeevil.
I just wanted to state that I couldn't believe Ryoko posted this here
And also tell everyone about how careless and insensitive I am by ruining the game, the community, and the Marathon lifestyle that until this day we all held dear.
Hey Wrkn, did you know that saying stupid 4 times makes it revert back to the original owner? Saying it any even number makes it return to the original owner
Joke user, guys, you can all go home now.
treellama
Vidmaster

Ashakanar wrote:Good luck brining Marathon out of the hole you have dug yourself.
Seriously! I make my pickles in a barrel, not a hole.
kineticturtle
Vidmaster

Man, Philip Glass is fucking awesome. I've been listening to his "Einstein On the Beach" a lot lately, and I can't get over how powerful it is. The really nuts thing about it is that he and Robert Wilson didn't really intend much of anything with it; they basically said "Dude, let's make a badass opera that will last like 5 hours!" And they did.

The modern recording is really strong too; the Philip Glass Ensemble hasn't lost anything with age (and new members).

I would kill to have seen the original production of this opera; I've heard that subsequent productions just didn't stand up to the original; it's more like a rock band vs. a tribute band playing the same songs than it is like a normal classical opera. It just doesn't make for the same magic.
Dakota Bob
Born on Board

Hay guyz whats goin on?
Lugas
Vidmaster

Did you read RyokoTK's chat log?
thomaslivingston
Vidmaster

RyokoTK wrote:Seeing as I single-handedly destroyed the entire community with this one little topic, I clearly held tremendous power in my hands and used it for eeeeevil.
Just a small step closer to your ultimate goal of unleashing the forces of darkness.

(Is that what happened to Moppy Puppy?)
Dakota Bob
Born on Board

Lugas wrote:Did you read RyokoTK's chat log?
Yes, it's all a bunch of whining, text and Lulz.
Sharkie Lino

seems to happen more than it should. (if it should at all)
Mordekai
Cyborg

What would we do without topics like these. Stupidity in stuff like this almost makes you mad, and then you realize it's just a message board, and you can just laugh at them. Haha.
DaiMac79
Born on Board

I love this idea that, by not releasing updates on some hyper-accelerated phantom schedule, A1, and Marathon playing in general, is going to die somehow. Look around, find any other 13+ year old Mac games that still have an active development community, then we'll talk about Marathon and AlephOne's longevity.

If it concerns you that much, I'm sure a large personal donation to the AlephOne devs wouldn't hurt [spnkr]
Volcanon
Mjolnir Mark IV

DaiMac79, there's this game called Doom. Its got a humongous active development community, and there are OSX versions. Yes, Marathon is better.