New to Weland - How Do I Function Goals

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.
BlackMageAnolis
Born on Board

Hey, I'm new to mapmaking, working with Weland, and I put in Goals into the level for enemies to follow, but it doesn't seem like the enemies are interacting with them. I'm putting Goals at key locations where I want enemies to go, and I have them at basically every junction, but is that not how I'm supposed to do it? Do you put one goal down for all the enemies? There doesn't seem to be a way to set an enemy to go towards a specific goal, so is it entirely random which one an enemy will go to? Would it work better using goal sectors as opposed to goal objects?
Zott
Vidmaster

It's been a while since I mapped, but what activation do you have for the monster?

Note that monsters get distracted easily. You should make them blind and deaf so they don't engage the player instead.
ravenshining
Vidmaster

Yes, make sure they are activated by goal, and remember it's goal polygons you want, not goal objects - goal objects are for showing maps in terminals. Setting the monsters to blind and deaf may help prevent them from getting distracted, but of course then they won't attack anyone until they are attacked or triggered. Once they are distracted, I don't think there is any getting them back on track to the goal.
BlackMageAnolis
Born on Board

Gotcha, gotcha.