Weland: Seriously though

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.
tatterdemalion
Born on Board

I've downloaded Weland.

I've installed Mono from the link in the readme.

Now what?
treellama
Vidmaster

Weland is designed to work very similarly to Forge. So, a good place to start learning how to use it is the Forge manual from Marathon Infinity: http://archives2.bungie.org/manuals/Trilogy_Manual.pdf
tatterdemalion
Born on Board

I know how to use Forge.

My question is "which of these should I be clicking on?"
Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 1.14.24 PM.png
Flowers
Cyborg

Me thinks you downloaded the source code. If you're looking for the executable, try here
tatterdemalion
Born on Board

That's what I was looking for, thank you.
The Man
Vidmaster

It’s an easy mistake to make, because Github has a really stupid design. It’s not at all intuitive to click on the “releases” link when the “Clone or Download” link is highlighted in green. I get that the website was coded with programmers in mind, but not everyone who downloads a Github project is a programmer. In fact, these days I suspect the majority are not.
“People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.” —V, V for Vendetta (Alan Moore)

“The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. If you can’t lick ’em, join ’em. If it hurts, repeat it. But to praise despair is to condemn delight, to embrace violence is to lose hold of everything else. We have almost lost hold; we can no longer describe happy man, nor make any celebration of joy.” —Ursula K. Le Guin, “The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas”

“If others had not been foolish, we should be so.” —William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

“The law cannot protect anyone unless it binds everyone; and it cannot bind anyone unless it protects everyone.” —Frank Wilhoit

Last.fm · Marathon Chronicles · Marathon Eternal 1.2 · Where Monsters Are in Dreams · YouTube Vidmaster’s Challenge