Deimos Editor

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

"Just because Mac isn't that powerful doesn't need to mean that it doesn't deserve it's own editors."
* Me because I wanted a Hammer/World editor for Half-Life/Warcraft3 on the Mac *

I know people here are smart enough to guess that "Deimos Editor" means a Marathon 1 editor. It's just an idea for now because I know nothing about coding editors. But this might convince anyone to make one. (Possibly) Yes I know that M1 wasn't the total persona of the series, but it was a great start and deserves to be part of the lore. I loved it's story, the environments where great and unique for me and it was a great start of the series for me. I confess that I'm stuck on it so it might be the reason I would post this in the beginning. By far, my experience with the game was phenomenal and I presume it was like that for those who started with it too.

The Deimos Editor would be based of the Weland editor. Line drawing and polygon filling but also a built in visual mode and terminal editor. Anvil? What about calling it Tau Ceti? Something that can edit the shapes, Physics, etc. I heard that mapping on it is a problem. Is it really that hard? Weland, Shapefusion and Atque where made real so why not this?

I would be glad that this would happen because it would be worth a-lot for fans like me.
$lave

you should learn to code so you can make all these ideas yourself :3
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

$lave wrote:you should learn to code so you can make all these ideas yourself :3
I don't think it's ever going to happen. I'm standing still at the moment and beyond that. I still don't even know how to make a simple phong game.

I should just pay someone to do it because I don't think that I'm ever going to be any good at coding things.
HelviusRufus
Cyborg

Screamernail wrote:because I don't think that I'm ever going to be any good at coding things.
Nonsense, coding is not hard, it's just tedious. But a lot o people code 'cause they like coding. Tedious doesn't mean that it can't be fun. Some people like tedious. They are called masochists employed.
I just play 'em; I don't know how they work.
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

Well.. I have to do it anyway or I'll never getting my plans out of my head.

Just a question. Is there anyone here who actually use Xcode with Swift? If not then come over and try it out.
Shocktart
Cyborg

Hire someone from FreeLancer.
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

Shocktart wrote:Hire someone from FreeLancer.
It's a joke but is that even possible? Why couldn't treellama do it instead? It's much easier to ask him/her right?
$lave

Treellama told me you said you were going to make the Deimos editor, Screamernail, we're all counting on you :0
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

$lave wrote:Treellama told me you said you were going to make the Deimos editor, Screamernail, we're all counting on you :0
I don't know man, I just don't know.

EDIT: Jesus Christ I'm a coward.
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

I'm back at this. Haven't started the project yet but I want to know where to start with the polygon editor. I am gonna make a replica of Weland's poly editor window with grid, line drawing and filling. Tell me how that's achieved and I'll look up some sources.

Would be perfect if Treellama himself/herself helped me here.
patrick
Mjolnir Mark IV

treemama is busy