Forum game: Come up with a Marathon scenario based on a title

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.
Adminn_1
Cyborg

Hey everyone, I have an idea for a game: Think up a title of a hypothetical Marathon scenario and we all think of what it would be like and how it would play. If I end up going with any of the ideas, I'll give due credit to whoever came up with them. 999999999 minds are better than one.

Ready? I'll start with one...

Marathon: Watercolor

My idea for this scenario is that it consists of entirely under-liquid levels with 126 different liquid types to correspond to the amount of different possible colors that a preset can have in Weland. This way the scenario creator can fill polygons spanning the entire possible domain of a Marathon level and "color" each of the polygons according to artistic whim in order to design the level, since each liquid preset will vary in terms of velocity, direction, tide, and type (i.e. water, lava, etc). Plot-wise the scenario *could* take place inside different washing cycles of one of Sharkie Lino's many washing machines. I'm thinking the levels could be at least one of the following:

-Survival. All the weapons and monsters are configured to work underwater, and possibly all of the monsters fly.
-A high score arcade-style item-collecting game where you have to collect the most items possible before you run out of oxygen or die from harmful liquid damage.

Let me know what you think of that idea.

Now here I pose another Marathon scenario name to see if someone else has an idea for it...

Marathon: Dinosaur Egg 3D
Please donate to NEFX today. https://ko-fi.com/adminn1nefx
Shocktart
Cyborg

Marathon Dinosaur Egg 3D

It's a scenario that puts the player on Pfhor Prime to disable critical infrastructure to clear the way for a massive UESC invasion of the planet.
Durandal sells out the UESC and the Pfhor decimate the UESC invasion fleet stranding the player who is very quickly the last remaining human on the planet.
The story takes place over the course of years with each level being separated by several months of hiding from the Pfhor as the player attempts to find a way to escape the planet.

As the scenario progresses, terminals reveal that the UESC have begun to lose the war against the Pfhor Empire. Enemies in the scenario begin to include enslaved humans in increasing frequency demonstrating further how poorly the war is going for the human race.
The player eventually finds an operational human ship captured by the Pfhor: The Dinosaur Egg 3D. The player captures the ship and uses it to escape Pfhor Prime.

Upon landing on Earth the player finds the entire human race subjugated and finds himself stranded on Earth which is so heavily occupied by Pfhor and enslaved humans that it's actually worse than Pfhor Prime.

Durandal contacts the player and helps him escape to a formerly top secret UESC bunker that served as the human headquarters during the war, Durandal uses the player to open a vault door deep within the bunker revealing the truth.

Durandal discovered years ago that humanity had ancient Jjaro technology that might be able to help him escape the closure of the universe, Durandal sabatoged the UESC war effort and actively helped the Pfhor to enslave humanity just to gain access to the Jjaro technology. The Pfhor and Tycho betrayed Durandal and denied Durandal his prize so he recruited you to finally gain access to the Jjaro tech in the bunker.

Durandal analyzes the tech and realizes that he couldn't use the tech to further his escape from the closure of the universe so he leaves the system, leaving the player stranded on a desolate Pfhor occupied Earth.

Next Marathon scenario name for the next participant:
Marathon: Enslaved
patrick
Mjolnir Mark IV

Code: Select all

mararthon en$laved
Traxagora wrote: I have an idea for a nice project. Let none contradict nor interrupt me until I have explained my plan. I want all to have a share of everything and all art assets to be in common; there will no longer be either simplici7y or discord; no longer shall we see one man composing vast tracts of fictive fandom, while another has not even a title screen to be posted here, nor one peack surfeit itself upon a whole army of pfhor, while another has not a single bob; I intend that there shall only be one and the same scenario of life for all: To Be Free There Must Be Blood For ALL.
Blepyrufus wrote: But who will make the maps?
Traxagora wrote: The slaves.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Attachments
mararthon_en$laved.png
mararthon_en$laved.png (120.77 KiB) Viewed 1186 times
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

Marathon: Enigma
Shocktart
Cyborg

Meerjel01 wrote: Aug 28th '23, 17:14 Marathon: Enigma
You were supposed to explain the scenario for the previous title provided.
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

Shocktart wrote: Aug 29th '23, 09:41 You were supposed to explain the scenario for the previous title provided.
There was none.
Shocktart
Cyborg

Meerjel01 wrote: Aug 29th '23, 14:55
Shocktart wrote: Aug 29th '23, 09:41 You were supposed to explain the scenario for the previous title provided.
There was none.
Shocktart wrote: Aug 22nd '23, 03:34 Next Marathon scenario name for the next participant:
Marathon: Enslaved
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

Didn't Patrick already do that?