Marathon Futility

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.
Shocktart
Cyborg

I want to play Marathon Futility to see what the maps look like from the inside.
I can't because the only copies available on the internet are the goofy .hqx files that extract an unusable .SIT file.

Is Marathon Futility just lost?
The Man
Vidmaster

It's only unusable if you're not extracting them on a classic Mac or an emulator thereof. There are guides to setting up SheepShaver and Basilisk II somewhere in one of these forums. I'd find it, but I have to be somewhere in half an hour.

If you ask nicely, someone may extract it for you. I don't even know where to find it. Fileball? The Bungie.org archives? More info would be helpful.

(Note also that unless you MacBinary it after it's extracted, you'll lose the images on non-Mac operating systems. There's a few ways to do this: MacBinary itself, HFVExplorer on an emulator disk image, etc.)
“People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.” —V, V for Vendetta (Alan Moore)

“The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. If you can’t lick ’em, join ’em. If it hurts, repeat it. But to praise despair is to condemn delight, to embrace violence is to lose hold of everything else. We have almost lost hold; we can no longer describe happy man, nor make any celebration of joy.” —Ursula K. Le Guin, “The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas”

“If others had not been foolish, we should be so.” —William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

“The law cannot protect anyone unless it binds everyone; and it cannot bind anyone unless it protects everyone.” —Frank Wilhoit

Last.fm · Marathon Chronicles · Marathon Eternal 1.2 · Where Monsters Are in Dreams · YouTube Vidmaster’s Challenge
Shocktart
Cyborg

The Man wrote: Oct 20th '22, 19:23 It's only unusable if you're not extracting them on a classic Mac or an emulator thereof. There are guides to setting up SheepShaver and Basilisk II somewhere in one of these forums. I'd find it, but I have to be somewhere in half an hour.

If you ask nicely, someone may extract it for you. I don't even know where to find it. Fileball? The Bungie.org archives? More info would be helpful.

(Note also that unless you MacBinary it after it's extracted, you'll lose the images on non-Mac operating systems. There's a few ways to do this: MacBinary itself, HFVExplorer on an emulator disk image, etc.)
It's not important to enough for me to set up emulators, split binaries, simulate Mac-operating systems and troubleshoot image files.
If it can't be played on AlephOne then it's another lost scenario.
You can find Marathon Futility files here: http://archives.bungie.org/search.html
patrick
Mjolnir Mark IV

Shocktart wrote: Oct 21st '22, 00:11 I use windows.
Bridget wrote: Don't worry, Alan{'s brother}. I know.

...I know
Jeff Russell wrote: All you need to do is choose the map file in infinity. This scenario should be compatible with Aleph One...
No. 6 wrote: Futile.
Futility.zip
RadBurn
Cyborg

patrick wrote: Oct 21st '22, 10:10 Futility.zip
You're awesome.

I've never heard of this scenario before so I previewed a few levels. The netmaps seem worth checking out.