Apotheosis X – A total conversion for Marathon Infinity – Release thread

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.
RadBurn
Cyborg

Shocktart wrote: Oct 5th '22, 04:04 One player projectile I really don't like is the railgun, railgun? The charge-up sniper weapon. It's a split dual-round projectile that just doesn't seem to go where I need them to go in relation to the minimalist targeting reticle. I don't like it.
The railgun is good for clearing out a line of enemies when the map design allows for them the become funneled. This weapon is also useful against the large hunters.
President People
Mjolnir Mark IV

All Things Uncertain.png

Found a sticky wall in the small passage on the right, here on All Things Uncertain. It happens when entering through either side. Also, enemy sprites were blinking around the area by that dead Enforcer.
Love Marathon, and also play Doom on modern source ports? You might like these skins!
Shocktart
Cyborg

President People wrote: Oct 6th '22, 01:25 All Things Uncertain.png

Found a sticky wall in the small passage on the right, here on All Things Uncertain. It happens when entering through either side. Also, enemy sprites were blinking around the area by that dead Enforcer.
One of the prison cells around the periphery has an incorrect texture interior.
President People
Mjolnir Mark IV

Shocktart wrote: Oct 6th '22, 05:10One of the prison cells around the periphery has an incorrect texture interior.
Can confirm, it's right through the door in my screenshot above. The third cell down from there is non-solid (If there's a secret in there, I didn't find it yet).

EDIT:

This hex near the start of After the Flood is a suicide trap. It's obscured by a waterfall, so I thought it might've been a secret. :(
After the Flood.png
Love Marathon, and also play Doom on modern source ports? You might like these skins!
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Please don't get rid of the noob hole. It was one of my favorite parts of the scenario.
ukimalefu
Mjolnir Mark IV

I'm like 4 levels in, I'm loving it. Looks beautiful, I mean everything, level design, textures, the new aliens and humans designs, the weapons, the terminal screens. I'm playing on normal and found my first challenging combat in the last place I was (don't ask me to remember level names, again, 3/4 levels in) by challenging I mean I was killed, for the first time in the game. But the challenge is still fun, not frustrating.

Haven't found any bugs or problems of any kind with the game on my old Mac. So far, fingers crossed hoping to not find any.

Thanks for this new Marathon scenario.
Shocktart
Cyborg

When do the Apotheosis map screens get uploaded to Lhowon.org?
The Man
Vidmaster

Shocktart wrote: Oct 8th '22, 13:01 When do the Apotheosis map screens get uploaded to Lhowon.org?
Probably not anytime soon; it hasn’t been updated in ages. (The Eternal maps are still version 1.1, to give an indication of how old long ago it was.) But you might find this of use: https://lochnits.com/marathon/scenarios

You’re welcome.
Last edited by The Man on Oct 17th '22, 15:43, edited 2 times in total.
“People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.” —V, V for Vendetta (Alan Moore)

“The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. If you can’t lick ’em, join ’em. If it hurts, repeat it. But to praise despair is to condemn delight, to embrace violence is to lose hold of everything else. We have almost lost hold; we can no longer describe happy man, nor make any celebration of joy.” —Ursula K. Le Guin, “The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas”

“If others had not been foolish, we should be so.” —William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

“The law cannot protect anyone unless it binds everyone; and it cannot bind anyone unless it protects everyone.” —Frank Wilhoit

Last.fm · Marathon Chronicles · Marathon Eternal 1.2 · Where Monsters Are in Dreams · YouTube Vidmaster’s Challenge
Shocktart
Cyborg

The Man wrote: Oct 8th '22, 13:10
Shocktart wrote: Oct 8th '22, 13:01 When do the Apotheosis map screens get uploaded to Lhowon.org?
Probably not anytime soon; it hasn’t been updated in ages. (The Eternal maps are still version 1.1, to give an indication of how old long ago it was.) But you might find this of use: https://lochnits.com/marathon/scenarios

You’re welcome.
Exactly what I wanted thanks!
The Man
Vidmaster

No problem. Though we should also be thanking Wrk for creating them and putting them up. :p And, come to think of it, I think Hopper and Irons created a lot of the scripting stuff Wrk used for the images and terminals respectively.
“People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.” —V, V for Vendetta (Alan Moore)

“The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. If you can’t lick ’em, join ’em. If it hurts, repeat it. But to praise despair is to condemn delight, to embrace violence is to lose hold of everything else. We have almost lost hold; we can no longer describe happy man, nor make any celebration of joy.” —Ursula K. Le Guin, “The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas”

“If others had not been foolish, we should be so.” —William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

“The law cannot protect anyone unless it binds everyone; and it cannot bind anyone unless it protects everyone.” —Frank Wilhoit

Last.fm · Marathon Chronicles · Marathon Eternal 1.2 · Where Monsters Are in Dreams · YouTube Vidmaster’s Challenge
President People
Mjolnir Mark IV

• Destroying the third panel on Ascension Day without stepping in front of it will prevent the Juggernauts and Drones from teleporting in, allowing you to finish the level much more easily.

• You can grenade hop out of the starting room on Calm Horizons without hurting yourself, and skip the first big hallway. (If these skips are intentional, I kind of like the idea.)

• In the automap on the same level, a "tag 1" annotation is visible at the southeast switch.
Todd
Born on Board

The first 2 are known skips. I've been pretty laissez faire about these sort of things. If you can find them, more power to you.

The annotation is one of many that slipped through. I had tons of these as reminders when I was designing the levels. I think I've squashed most of them now. There will be an update at some point.
Todd
Born on Board

Apotheosis v1.1 is out now.

Download links:

https://simplici7y.com/items/apotheosis-x-5
https://www.moddb.com/mods/apotheosis-x ... osis-x-v11

Key updates for 1.1:
  • Sound effects are louder and punchier, with more variety.
  • The player's arsenal is more powerful, with many adjustments that make it more effective on total carnage.
  • Additional saves, items and resources throughout the campaign.
  • Weapon and item pickups are more visible.
  • Numerous bug fixes, including the removal of 2 soft locks.
  • Numerous small updates to level designs.
  • Included PDF manual with a weapon manifest and additional backstory.
An extensive list of updates is available in the download.