Silent's Marathon Vids (Updated 12/6/14) FCAW Fall Classic

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.
Spurious Interrupt
Cyborg

In order to keep things organized and avoid spamming the Pfhorums, I'm going to edit this thread whenever I make a new Marathon video (as opposed to posting a new thread each time):

Most Recent:

Fall Classic 2014 (For Carnage Apply Within)

An annual gamenight where we play some very strange plugins. Marathon goes from 3:29 until 9:10, and there's sort of some after the credits. There's some potato ball on display, as well as something that may be of particular interest the P'fhorums; Atom's new "Race" gametype for Marathon. This is essentially a race-track map run in KotH, with a hill at the finish line, which is a pretty ingenious scoring method if you ask me. Not available in Germany.

Past:

Marathon Phoenix: Final Fight (Total Carnage)

I made this to show some friends, who were probably never going to bother getting there, the last fight. More projectiles than you can shake a S'pht at.

Sharkie Limousines

A montage of sorts of various For Carnage Apply Within game nights, including Marathon Infinity, Halo Custom Edition, and Myth II: Soulblighter. Features music by Spiderbait, Madeon/Deadmau5, The Limousines, and Empire of the Sun. Not available in Germany.

SHINGEKI NO MARATHON

A montage from various For Carnage Apply Within game nights, all in Marathon Infinity, with a variety of different aesthetic plugins on display. Features music by Jesper Kyd, Hiroyuki Sawano, Pinback, and some audio from Godzillas past and present.

There are some older Marathon videos on that channel as well, but none are of the same editing or video quality as these.

Original OP (so the first few replies make sense)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp8X3y-ItzE

Made another heavily edited video of Marathon Carnage.

Someone please tell me if I'm not supposed to post these here (no one yelled at me last time).
Last edited by Spurious Interrupt on Dec 6th '14, 20:29, edited 7 times in total.
$lave

Not a problem at all, I enjoy watching these so thanks for posting them. I suppose they might be better placed under Projects, but it's not really a big deal.
Tycho X
Cyborg

It says the video's not available... strange.
Frog blast the vent core!
$lave wrote:Damnit bridgit, you are forgetting how fucking serious business the internet is.
Spurious Interrupt
Cyborg

Are you in Germany, by chance Tycho? I know it's banned there. I hope you can find a way to see it to 'cause you're actually in one of the games! (I listed you in the credits).

And sounds good $lave. I'll just keep posting them here for now since I already have.
Tycho X
Cyborg

Lol how the hell am I in one of the February games? :)
I only started playing multi recently. But thanks for the crediting anyway! I'll try to look at the
vid while I'm in england.
$lave wrote:Damnit bridgit, you are forgetting how fucking serious business the internet is.
Spurious Interrupt
Cyborg

Cool!

And those aren't all from February, it's just that the earliest games in the video are from then. Some of them are as new as Halloween 2014.

Also, I got your message but I can't play at the moment; sorry.
Tycho X
Cyborg

No probs. I'm out anyway.

Awesome, I thought you had mistaken me with some other player named Tycho.
(There's probably lots of Tycho's out there...)
Spurious Interrupt
Cyborg

Yeah, it was exactly Tycho X, so I was pretty sure. I think it's a game on Thrud.
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

It was neat to see Marathon back-to-back with different versions of Halo and Myth, I presume with largely the same group of people. It reminds me there's a lot of Halo multiplayer I haven't played.

The ratio of title cards to gameplay footage is better than before. However, you could still overlay the "Act 1" text over more gameplay, instead of on a black screen.

If you'll be posting these videos regularly, they might be best organized if kept in one thread.

I first confused Tycho X with one of the long-time community members that goes by TychoVII. But he hasn't been active for a while, so that's probably the former in the videos.
Spurious Interrupt
Cyborg

@Creator

You are correct; all the vids were with the FCAW group (some of the Myth videos are actually just me though, as you can't normally have more than one color in Co-Op. If you load the Co-OP maps as single player though, it will randomly assign colors).

I'll continue to mess with the title card set up in the future. Glad to hear this was generally an improvement though.

And I think that's a good idea to keep these in one thread. When I make the next one, I'll edit it into this thread and add the first as well. Not sure when I'll make it, but there will probably be a bigger interval between it and the second vid than the first and the second. November is a Myth month for FCAW, but we will be doing the Fall Classic at the end of the month, which means a lot of wacky gametypes across Halo, Marathon, and Myth, such as Potato Anus Soccer (Or whatever that thing is called when you try to knock the blue and orange thing into the goal).
Spurious Interrupt
Cyborg

New Vid:

Marathon Phoenix: Final Fight (Total Carnage)

I made this to show some friends, who were probably never going to bother getting there, the last fight. More projectiles than you can shake a S'pht at.

Odds are I'll have another long video up in a few weeks, as we're doing the Fall Classic tonight (odd gametypes across CE, Infinity, and SB), so there's sure to be some amusing moments.
Spurious Interrupt
Cyborg

Fall Classic 2014 (For Carnage Apply Within)

An annual gamenight where we play some very strange plugins. Marathon goes from 3:29 until 9:10, and there's sort of some after the credits. There's some potato ball on display, as well as something that may be of particular interest the P'fhorums; Atom's new "Race" gametype for Marathon. This is essentially a race-track map run in KotH, with a hill at the finish line, which is a pretty ingenious scoring method if you ask me. Not available in Germany.