How to load a map (level)?

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.
bryanus
Spazeroid

I'm an old school player and I have a lot of old maps (levels?) that I would like to play in the (new to me) Marathon Infinity (Jan. 4, 2014 version).

I can not figure out how to load these old levels.

When I gather a new game, I am not able to find a way to select a level outside of the ones that are installed by default.

Can anyone give me some tips?

TIA.
macksting
Born on Board

Odd. I usually just Gather -> click Map, and navigate from there. (My Marathon Infinity folder is a disorganized mess of maps.) Where are the maps at present?
In case it's at all relevant, what OS are you using?
Presently working on andnomoreshallwepart.sceA
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

Each level is part of a map file. Go to Preferences -> Environment -> Map to select the map file containing the level you want to play. Then, you should select Begin New Game for single player or Gather Network Game for multiplayer from the main menu.
macksting
Born on Board

I never had to go to Environment in order to Gather a map from a different map file. Have you tried without?
bryanus
Spazeroid

Woah thanks guys! I think I figured it out.

I have a folder called "Marathon" and within it is the Infinity app and a folder called "maps", which contains the levels I want to play from.

With your tips, this time when I gathered, I noticed the "up" button, and was able to navigate to the maps folder and select the levels! Woot! Not sure how I missed that "up" button before... :wacko:

But now that I got that figured out, how do I navigate back to the default maps?

TIA
macksting
Born on Board

Same process, roughly. Navigate until you can find map.sceA and select that.
bryanus
Spazeroid

Awesome, thanks Mac!
macksting
Born on Board

^_^ I do what I can.