hang brain--should I bother with the secret?

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.
JoeKool82185
Born on Board

I know in Hang Brain in Marathon Infinity, the final terminal will teleport you to the beginning of the level if you haven't destroyed the final circuit. And I know that the final room will now have an area with tons of enemies and lots and lots of ammo. My question is: If I'm playing on the normal difficulty, is it worth it to navigate back through the level, battle this allegedly huge army of Pfhor, and get this ammo? As I mentioned, I am NOT playing on Total Carnage.
VikingBoyBilly
Mjolnir Mark IV

You must Kill All Pfhor, Find All Secrets, and pick up everything you can carry. No Exceptions.

P.S. Your weapons and ammo will be taken away from you in the next map.
Sharkie Lino

I'm not sure what Viking is talking about. You will at some point lose your stuff, but not after that level.
JoeKool82185 wrote:I know in Hang Brain in Marathon Infinity, the final terminal will teleport you to the beginning of the level if you haven't destroyed the final circuit. And I know that the final room will now have an area with tons of enemies and lots and lots of ammo.
I'm assuming you read that from the spoiler guide, what it says is partially wrong. You WILL be teleported back to the beginning if not all circuits are destroyed, but that area is not even a secret, nor do you even have to do all that to reach it. It will be accessible after you activate the third switch that opens one of the wires, though it is not a bad idea to clear out the upper level first before heading down there. It's a tough call, but considering the next two levels will have rather limited carnage (especially on that difficulty), it may be okay to skip it, but there is a 3X canister within it, so it's up to you. :)
JoeKool82185
Born on Board

Sharkie Lino wrote:I'm not sure what Viking is talking about. You will at some point lose your stuff, but not after that level.
JoeKool82185 wrote:I know in Hang Brain in Marathon Infinity, the final terminal will teleport you to the beginning of the level if you haven't destroyed the final circuit. And I know that the final room will now have an area with tons of enemies and lots and lots of ammo.
I'm assuming you read that from the spoiler guide, what it says is partially wrong. You WILL be teleported back to the beginning if not all circuits are destroyed, but that area is not even a secret, nor do you even have to do all that to reach it. It will be accessible after you activate the third switch that opens one of the wires, though it is not a bad idea to clear out the upper level first before heading down there. It's a tough call, but considering the next two levels will have rather limited carnage (especially on that difficulty), it may be okay to skip it, but there is a 3X canister within it, so it's up to you. :)
You're right, I read that on the spoiler guide. Thanks for your help, man.