Help on Habe Quiddam

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.
Oholiab
Spazeroid

First time poster, long time Marathon player. I have many a fond memory of playing in college in the '90s; my roommates and I rigged up a LocalTalk network through our telephone landlines to play on our PowerMacs.... So much obsolete technology in that sentence.

At any rate, I've rediscovered my love for this game via iPad, but I'm struggling through Habe Quiddam. I've gotten the alien device, I've activated all the switches (I think...) but I can't get the door (in the room with the three columns) to open all the way. Yes, I found the hidden switch off the hallway to the right side. It's open 3/4 of the way.

I feel like an idiot, but I'm at my wits end. Any help would be appreciated!
heliomass
Born on Board

Hopefully this will help: http://marathon.bungie.org/spoiler/m1/14.shtml

The fact that the door is open 3/4 of the way makes me wonder if you've partially opened a door and then accidentally hit the door switch again to stop the door opening.
Oholiab
Spazeroid

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, I had checked out that same link before I posted here, but it didn't help me out. Your hypothesis is a good one, and I'll have to look into it. Although that kind of backtracking doesn't exactly contribute to the fun of the game...
herecomethej2000
Mjolnir Mark IV

Especially on marathon infinity, backtracking is a huge part of the game. :)