Exporting films

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.
Avenues2021
Spazeroid

How do I convert a saved film to a standard format, say m4v, to then share with people who do not have Aleph One installed but who, like me, grew up with the original Marathon games when Bungie first sold them? Someone I know could never manage the Never Burn Money secret room, which for me is now child's play, although I only recently got the hang of it, and I would like to show them how it's done and what they missed out on all those years ago.
The Man
Vidmaster

Alt+“Replay saved film” will convert to .webm format. (It’s slower than real time, and there are some quirks like “zero restart delay” functionally being impossible to disable for sounds, meaning that the AR and SMG sounds play more often than most people are used to hearing in-game, but this more accurately represents how often those weapons are actually firing.) If needed, you can transcode that to other formats such as .m4v, but most players will play it fine without any transcoding.

There’s really no need to go through the trouble, though, because there is already a massive amount of gameplay on YouTube, including a metric tonne on my channel. There’s also this older channel (not updated in around five years, but all the gameplay here uses the original Mac versions, whereas 99% of the stuff on my channel uses Aleph One) and this channel focused specifically on speedruns (and which I also co-maintain). Between those you can probably find around ten runs of “Never Burn Money” alone.
“People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.” —V, V for Vendetta (Alan Moore)

“The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. If you can’t lick ’em, join ’em. If it hurts, repeat it. But to praise despair is to condemn delight, to embrace violence is to lose hold of everything else. We have almost lost hold; we can no longer describe happy man, nor make any celebration of joy.” —Ursula K. Le Guin, “The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas”

“If others had not been foolish, we should be so.” —William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

“The law cannot protect anyone unless it binds everyone; and it cannot bind anyone unless it protects everyone.” —Frank Wilhoit

Last.fm · Marathon Chronicles · Marathon Eternal 1.2 · Where Monsters Are in Dreams · YouTube Vidmaster’s Challenge
Avenues2021
Spazeroid

There is nothing like being able to show one’s own run though rather than just watch somebody else’s.