Aleph One 1.3rc1

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.
treellama
Vidmaster

Asymptotically approaching the finish line, here is the final test build of Aleph One 1.3.

https://github.com/Aleph-One-Marathon/a ... e-20200807

Changes: oh gosh.
  • Improvements to Ogg music playback quality
  • Fixes for disappearing sprites issue
  • Better fix for UTF-8 characters in filenames in Windows (fixes Rubicon X again)
  • Fixes to software renderer at ultra high resolutions
  • Fixes to renderer loop
  • Fixes to liquid rendering regression from 1.3b3
  • Fixes to dialogs and screen redraw
  • M1 fixes for third party scenarios, including support for Trojan
  • Move the default preferences to 'Scripts/Default Preferences.xml" because users kept deleting the other ones thinking they were deleting their preferences
  • Better granularity for sound and music volume, and allow music volume to go louder then 100%
  • Updated video export to use automatic bit rate unless overridden. This makes for much better video export with default settings at 1080p
  • Update original trilogy preferences to default to a more classic look and feel: near filtering is disabled, classic HUDs are used, and high res textures default to off out of the box. Your existing preferences will be preserved.
Please post any issues here or on github (make sure to mention 1.3rc1)
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

including support for Trojan
Okay
ravenshining
Vidmaster

treellama wrote:
  • Fixes for disappearing sprites issue
  • M1 fixes for third party scenarios, including support for Trojan
  • Better granularity for sound and music volume, and allow music volume to go louder then 100%
  • Update original trilogy preferences to default to a more classic look and feel: near filtering is disabled, classic HUDs are used, and high res textures default to off out of the box. Your existing preferences will be preserved.
Ooooh, four big huzzahs right there!
[*]Fixes to liquid rendering regression from 1.3b3
But, I'll have to figure out how to patch that back before I give the update a go :-P
treellama
Vidmaster

Unfortunately it's one commit that fixes three bugs, only one of which you care about. Good luck sorting that out :)
ravenshining
Vidmaster

I already run a version of 1.3b3 I've hacked, and since I've last been active have started to get my feet wet with C++ on other open-source projects, including some OpenGL, so.... sure, it'll be a challenge ^-^