Apple Downloads

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.
chinkeeyong
Mjolnir Mark IV

Apple Downloads is this free service that Apple provides for its Apple Developer Connection members. Basically you join for free in one of those registration forms, then you can peddle your stuff on the official Apple site, which millions of people visit every day.

I've searched for Aleph One, but it's not there. Does anyone think it's a good idea to register an account for the MOS team and link Aleph One (and Infinity) there?
Embrace imagination.
thomaslivingston
Vidmaster

I remember seeing EMR being up there ages ago so that's probably still there. It would probably be a good idea to get some other scenarios on there.
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

When it comes to EMR, Bill was nothing if not a prolific marketing agent. [MSmile]
chinkeeyong
Mjolnir Mark IV

Crater Creator wrote:When it comes to EMR, Bill was nothing if not a prolific marketing agent. [MSmile]
lawlz

Can Tree or someone else on the A1 team see this proposal?
Embrace imagination.
screamingfool
Mjolnir Mark IV

chinkeeyong wrote:Can Tree or someone else on the A1 team see this proposal?
no, i think he uses a braille monitor
chinkeeyong
Mjolnir Mark IV

screamingfool wrote:no, i think he uses a braille monitor
0.o
Embrace imagination.
Major Pedro
Cyborg

I bought a MacWorld mag once and it had A1 in it. But the people were stupid and they didn't put a scenario in, so it didn't work.

And I wouldn't rediscover Marathon for another five years...
no, i think he uses a braille monitor
You can play marathon by Braille?

[MGrin]
......... . . . . . . .
. . .
. .
.. ..

OMG LOLZ HE SHOTING ME !

SHIT NO
Last edited by Major Pedro on Oct 1st '08, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.
chinkeeyong
Mjolnir Mark IV

Major Pedro wrote:I bought a MacWorld mag once and it had A1 in it. But the people were stupid and they didn't put a scenario in, so it didn't work.
rofl, that's funny.

Can we not get off topic and get an A1 developer to read this?
Embrace imagination.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

chinkeeyong wrote:Can we not get off topic and get an A1 developer to read this?
I'm guessing a developer has seen this and chose to ignore it.
treellama
Vidmaster

Knock yourself out, just try not to embarrass us.
chinkeeyong
Mjolnir Mark IV

W wrote:I'm guessing a developer has seen this and chose to ignore it.
Treellama wrote:Knock yourself out, just try not to embarrass us.
Hey! It's for a good cause, and at least tell me what's so bad about it. [MErr]
Embrace imagination.
herecomethej2000
Mjolnir Mark IV

chinkeeyong wrote:Hey! It's for a good cause, and at least tell me what's so bad about it. [MErr]
Dude, allow me to reiterate what Treellama said, as you clearly didn't get it the first time.

Treellama just gave you the go ahead to do it yourself, if you so desire. Just don't embarrass the community. And I must say, your off to a wonderful start. [MWuh]
A good first step would be to properly identify which one of us is the sole dev of the whole project...but what do I know...
Last edited by herecomethej2000 on Oct 2nd '08, 21:29, edited 1 time in total.
chinkeeyong
Mjolnir Mark IV

herecomethej2000 wrote:Dude, allow me to reiterate what Treellama said, as you clearly didn't get it the first time.
d'oh
herecomethej2000 wrote:Treellama just gave you the go ahead to do it yourself, if you so desire. Just don't embarrass the community. And I must say, your off to a wonderful start. [MWuh]
How am I off to a "good start"? [MFrown] I was hoping one of the A1 developers could do it, since it involves putting down a name for credit to be given to.
herecomethej2000 wrote:A good first step would be to properly identify which one of us is the sole dev of the whole project...but what do I know...
Treellama seems like a good candidate, since he's one of the most active and the most dedicated.

Anyway, if I'm going to submit anything for you guys, I need a list of hardware requirements. Obviously, it's a universal binary, but that's all I know. The download link apparently also needs to be a zip file, I need a 128x128 icon in PNG or TIFF format, and there's no easy way to warn users that you need a scenario to play.
Last edited by chinkeeyong on Oct 3rd '08, 06:27, edited 1 time in total.
Embrace imagination.