Drum/Organ/Bass Tabs for Chomber?

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.
Kyle1
Born on Board

Hey everybody.

My name is Kyle, I'm 14, and I've been an avid fan and player of Marathon since I was just 3 or 4 years old (I'm also not normally violent nor psychopathic, eat that ya soccer moms!). I was wondering if anyone knew of any links to some drum/organ/bass tabs for the song Chomber from the Marathon music score, or if anyone could possibly provide some of their own? I was wondering because my school is having an upcoming Spring performance where we divide into groups to play songs written by others, and I want to try and get my group to play an Alexander Seropian song. I would especially like the organ/bass tabs, since I'm the drummer and I feel capable of pretty much nailing the entire drumpart myself, but I want to be able to recognize all the parts so I can nail them down pat and perhaps even improve upon them. If anyone could help me with this, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks, and keep on Marathoning, you bad boys. [MSmile]

Sincerely,

~Kyle the drumming Marathon addict [MGrin]
Phobos-Romulus
Mjolnir Mark IV

I don't know about tabs, but alot of the marathon songs are found here.
http://music.psyjnir.org/library/?genre=marathon
http://www.eigenhat.com/marathon.html
Kryten
Cyborg

Take this file [attachment=420:chomber.zip] and open it in Melody Assistant. The drums are all on one line but I'm sure you can figure it out.
Attachments
chomber.zip
(2.77 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
Last edited by Kryten on Feb 6th '07, 07:39, edited 1 time in total.
-- Straeshi
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

KRYTEN WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GET THAT!??!?!?!
Kryten
Cyborg

I took the Chomber .mov file from http://www.eigenhat.com/marathon.html and exported as midi from Quicktime to get rid of the .mov wrapper.

Sucker. [MGrin]
Last edited by Kryten on Feb 6th '07, 21:15, edited 1 time in total.
-- Straeshi
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

pWNED! :)
Kyle1
Born on Board

Kryten wrote:Take this file [attachment=420:chomber.zip] and open it in Melody Assistant. The drums are all on one line but I'm sure you can figure it out.
Wow, that's just what I need. Thanks!

If it works out and we end up playing the song at the performance, maybe I'll post a video on YouTube of our performance as soon as the school finishes the DVD.

Again, thanks very much. I'm going to print those tabs out. [MSmile]
Switch
Vidmaster

Kyle1 wrote:Wow, that's just what I need. Thanks!

If it works out and we end up playing the song at the performance, maybe I'll post a video on YouTube of our performance as soon as the school finishes the DVD.

Again, thanks very much. I'm going to print those tabs out. [MSmile]
YOU MUST UPLOAD THE VIDEO [MAngry]
Phobos-Romulus
Mjolnir Mark IV

Long live marathon! Be sure to credit the pfhorums! Just kidding.

Can't wait to see the video!
Kyle1
Born on Board

I don't want to sound like a doubtful down-player, because there's still the possibility that we could end up playing it, but I advise that nobody here get TOO excited. [MTongue] I'm not sure whether we will actually do vignettes, or if we will just play in one group with a song assigned by the teacher. Even in the event that I should be so lucky, I'd still have to try and convince the right people to play the song, which could be difficult. But until then, I have plenty of time left to convince the teacher to have us do vignettes! Even if I can't convince other students to play Chomber, I could possibly find a different song...Maybe Freedom? Aw, why not Freedom? That sounds just as appropriate in terms of quality and appeal (the students might be more drawn to that song, given that it's somewhat less repetitive). [MGrin]

But if the song doesn't make it, do not fret. I promise I will do what I can to make sure the song sees the light of day SOMEHOW. Music and drumming are things that I am thinking about pursuing as a career. Who knows, maybe I'll end up forming/joining a band and convince them to cover a Marathon song on one of their albums, and you might just be lucky enough to stumble across it...Hey, if I've been an avid fan and player of Marathon for 11 years since I was a diaper-clogging little urchin and still play the game over and over, it wouldn't surprise me if I took that habit/interest to adulthood! [MGrin]

By the way, nobody in my class knows that this is from Marathon. Heck, most of them don't even know about Marathon, and the ones that do only know because they've seen me play it and have heard me talk a bit about it. I will simply use the name Alexander Seropian (which none should know about) to make it seem like it just comes from some potshot casual composer.

Look, here's the piano tab for Chomber that I printed out with Melody Assitant!
Attachments
Photo_83.jpg
Photo_83.jpg (71.15 KiB) Viewed 3545 times
Last edited by Kyle1 on Feb 7th '07, 04:22, edited 1 time in total.
Phobos-Romulus
Mjolnir Mark IV

Cool, I hope you get to play it.