Rubicon X Icon for OS X

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.
Lugas
Vidmaster

On Rubicon X's website, there is an OS X icon. I don't know how to get it to work. Help...?
Switch
Vidmaster

little more description? will it download? will it open? do you not know how to change the icon? does changing the icon fail?
Lugas
Vidmaster

It does download (go onto Rubicon X website and click on extras: icons for os x. It does open, but only in Hex!, DI Hex! and Resedit. (DI Hex! is Hex! for Damage Incorporated, a game using a modified Marathon2 engine)
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

You're using OS X right? Have you just tried opening up both items in "Get Info..." and then copying the icon you want over the other? It works for me.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.
Lugas
Vidmaster

Em...yes. But could you explain what to do? (im incompotent!)
Lugas
Vidmaster

I can copy the icon file and then select "New From Clipboard". What do I do with it now?
Switch
Vidmaster

Lugas
Vidmaster

That does not explain! I'm in 10.4, not 10.2. Copying icon over what? Copy and paste isn't an option in Get Info. SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN CLEARLY!
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

Okay...here we go step by step:
1. Click on the Rubicon X icon-thing you downloaded once
2. Press "Command + I" to bring up the "Get Info..." box
3. Click on the Rubicon X icon in the "Get Info..." box once (There should be a blue hue/glow around the icon...)
4. Press "Command + C" to copy the icon
5. Now, find your AlephOne application that you want to use for Rubicon X
6. Click on the application once and then press "Command + I" again to open "Get Info..." for the AlephOne application
7. Click once on the AlephOne icon that appears (that blue hue/glow around the edges should appear...
8. Press the "Delete" key on your keyboard to get rid of the original AlephOne application icon.
NOTE: This isn't usually necessary, I'm just telling you to do it in case...
9. Click once on the AlephOne application icon and then press "Command + V" to copy the Rubicon X icon over the AlephOne icon.
10. You're done, if you had the AlephOne application that you were using for Rubicon X on your Dock, remove it and replace it or the old AlephOne icon might come back (Sometimes happens in 10.2...)
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Lugas
Vidmaster

There is no hue around the icon in Get Info. How do i get that?
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

Sorry, there isn't always a hue or outline...it depends on the Theme you're using too...
Just click on the icon that's in the "Get Info..." box...
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Lugas
Vidmaster

Unfortunately, when I click on it, Copy/Paste still isn't an option. Is it possible to save something as an Icon in preview?
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

Forget if it says "Copy/Paste" in the menu bar...just press Command + C...
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Lugas
Vidmaster

That doesn't work either. I'm sorry for asking for so much help and it not working, but the reward clearly isn't worth the fuss (especially considering the fact that there are icons for Rubicon, Red and EVIL). I've given up. Thanks for help anyway.
A side-note: I found a very interesting conversion of Halo to Marathon, dubbed Halathon on the same website.
Last edited by Lugas on Nov 19th '06, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.