Help me play online

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.
Samus

Ok, varius discussions on IRC have made me host a topic here, im not gonna argue about all this S** "i made up?". I will eventually post all my files such as mml and other crap to see if they are compatible and if any one knows or can help, please do! If you have no idea what im talking about: follow these steps OR find me in an online game to experience the full power of my laggy crap...
step 1
go on IRC "AO" (aleph one not adults only geese) chat room

step 2
ask about NZ-Slade online games (treellama is a good one for asking)

Step 3
Listen to crap about what i have said to people and ISP, OOS, Lag should eventually come up from rather p***ed off people!

Like i said before all i want is a good online game, not same old LAN with same 2 players pretty much since infinity's release.
treellama
Vidmaster

Nobody is going to want to play a superlaggy game with you. We told you to try joining one of ahuxley's games, or bridgets, but your ISP can't even seem to handle that :(

When Aleph One preview 2 comes out, give it a try, it will use a little less bandwidth and has OOS protection in it. But that won't help a laggy ISP
John Drake
Vidmaster

Wait, there is another version of Aleph One in developement?
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

You're laggy because you have a bad ISP and you live so far away from most other players. You're pretty much screwed even if you do fix the OOS problem, because nobody likes playing with a lagger. We're not "making stuff up" about you, your connection just sucks.
John Drake
Vidmaster

Well, I just figured that instead of making a new one they would just modify the older versions.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

That's what's happening, but the differences between any stable release build of Aleph One are pretty severe.
John Drake
Vidmaster

Oh. I see.
Samus

So, pretty much im screwed or I buy super powered internet... hmmm!
Sam Lowry
Cyborg

shawn(at)fsu: My nephew wants to start doing game modding ...
hux: If he likes Halo, try modding for Marathon, the older Bungie fps game.
interkin3tic: Noooo!!! I did that in high school and look where I am now: SLASHDOT!!!
W: it's long and obnoxious, i like it
treellama
Vidmaster

Even if you get a better ISP, you're still going to be a about a third of a second behind any hosts in the US. If it weren't for Aleph One's latency hiding, that would limit you to 3 fps! Hux manages to play decently at that kind of latency but he's got some kind of superhuman 6th sense.

You could still get some decent games with the Aussies and Japanese though!