Some Marathon art I drew

Show off all of your Marathon-related art and music here.
Atom95
Born on Board

For Carnage Apply Within. Weekly Myth and Marathon since 2008!
Hopper
Mjolnir Mark IV

If I could replace all Marathon sprites with art like that, I'd never look at the originals again.
ukimalefu
Mjolnir Mark IV

Ha ha very nice! you should do a full Marathon comic. [MUp]
Zott
Vidmaster

Hopper wrote:If I could replace all Marathon sprites with art like that, I'd never look at the originals again.
If Bungie made Marathon in the style of Oni...
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

Hey, these are neat! You've got your own artistic style going, which reminds me a bit of some of the other more cartoony takes we've seen here over the years.

Technical Difficulties made me laugh [MLaugh].

The composition of Security Officer 2 is excellent.

The Enforcer is interesting, because it changes how I think of Enforcers. I'd always seen them as 'merely' having many different-sized eyes. Your illustration highlights the difference between one main eye and other secondary eyes, making him more like a cyclops.

I don't like how the rocket launcher looks slightly dented where the two segments meet - I think the exaggerated curves are best left to the characters and other organic elements.
ChristTrekker
Cyborg

These are awesome! Would love to see a "family photo" type group shot of all the different character types.

Hmmm...what would an entire scenario done in a "cartoony, kid-friendly" type style look like? That would be a trip.
Atom95
Born on Board

Glad people seem to like them. Here's a few more...

Troopers
Hunters
S'pht
FCAW FB Cover photo
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

Adorable! It's like if Marathon had a spin-off series for kids.
Atom95
Born on Board

Tycho X
Cyborg

Love the last 3 you just posted! (20 days ago, whatever..)
The enforcer really makes me think of the alien from ALIEN. I liked that movie...
Frog blast the vent core!
$lave wrote:Damnit bridgit, you are forgetting how fucking serious business the internet is.
SylithSenjak
Born on Board

Wow, these are all really nice! I love your style, and the cartoon with the F'lickta made me grin. Good work!
ChristTrekker
Cyborg

[MUp] If you can write as well, you should be doing a Marathon webcomic.
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

I apparently missed this thread when it was new, but yeah, these are good and fun and I'd love to see a Marathon comic made in this style.
ChristTrekker
Cyborg

Pfhorrest wrote: Sep 5th '19, 01:57 I apparently missed this thread when it was new, but yeah, these are good and fun and I'd love to see a Marathon comic made in this style.
Heck I still want to see these sprite-ified and put into a game!
The Man
Vidmaster

ChristTrekker wrote: Dec 4th '21, 03:43 Heck I still want to see these sprite-ified and put into a game!
This isn’t those, but it’s probably as close as anyone’s ever likely to get, given that I’m sure the OP 4GOT a long time ago: http://simplici7y.com/items/maratoon-infinity-3
“People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.” —V, V for Vendetta (Alan Moore)

“The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. If you can’t lick ’em, join ’em. If it hurts, repeat it. But to praise despair is to condemn delight, to embrace violence is to lose hold of everything else. We have almost lost hold; we can no longer describe happy man, nor make any celebration of joy.” —Ursula K. Le Guin, “The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas”

“If others had not been foolish, we should be so.” —William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

“The law cannot protect anyone unless it binds everyone; and it cannot bind anyone unless it protects everyone.” —Frank Wilhoit

Last.fm · Marathon Chronicles · Marathon Eternal 1.2 · Where Monsters Are in Dreams · YouTube Vidmaster’s Challenge