A few wallpapers, icons, and theme(s)

Show off all of your Marathon-related art and music here.
mchief111
Born on Board

Hi everyone!

Rather than post in the welcome page, I thought it would be more fitting if I posted the actual reason I signed up to the Phorums. You see, I do a lot of work for fun on Photoshop, and recently decided to do a lot of work on Marathon stuff. I hope you all enjoy the stuff!
Click here for the goods
Click here for the better goods
On a similar note, does anyone here have experience making .ico files? All of mine aren't anti-aliased, and it's really frustrating :(

Edit: Also, I couldn't help noticing that the little green checkmark .gif on the signup page has an uncomfortable white border around it. If you want, here's a fixed version ;)
[attachment=5329:Tick_Fixed.gif]
Attachments
Tick_Fixed.gif
Tick_Fixed.gif (178 Bytes) Viewed 8821 times
Last edited by mchief111 on Jul 25th '12, 23:25, edited 1 time in total.
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

Welcome. You may find some useful information in this thread regarding making .ico files.

Also, if it weren't for your link I wouldn't have realized Safari can view .psd and .svg files directly.

Also, your avatar is so hypnotic I can barely read your post. [MTongue]
Nordevai
Born on Board

I rather like these, especially the spht one. Nice job and keep up the good work.
mchief111
Born on Board

Many thanks to Ares Ex Machina for letting me use his Oraculum art for a new set! They're on the site directory under Exports/Wallpapers/Oraculum, but here's a quick preview of a couple of them:

The .psd files and character renders are there for your enjoyment ;)
Last edited by mchief111 on Jan 27th '12, 20:29, edited 1 time in total.
ukimalefu
Mjolnir Mark IV

Ooh, those are good.
megabyte
Vidmaster

There is only one way these could have been better: 1920x1080.
My laptop found a new desktop though!
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]
L'howon
Vidmaster

Did you do the original of that hunter? I've seen that exact same stylized version on DA before.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.
mchief111
Born on Board

[MGrin] Thanks for the positive feedback! I'll be sure to pop out a few more soon.
1920x1080
Good idea, check the directory again...
Did you do the original of that hunter? I've seen that exact same stylized version on DA before.
Ah, I wish lol. That credit goes to Ares Ex Machina- his Oraculum thread has the original.
L'howon
Vidmaster

That would figure, silly me. Looks like I just can't read properly. Thanks!
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.
Paul
Cyborg

I think Neo phrased it most eloquently:

Woah.
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

Nice! Somehow I missed the Oraculum thread and the artwork therein until seeing it linked from here, so I'm seeing all the art for the first time.
mchief111
Born on Board

http://rising-studios.com/Marathon/Exports...rs/Anniversary/

Does anybody remember the 20th anniversary posters Bungie was selling last year? The Myth/PiD/Marathon one in particular caught my eye (and wallet) as a really good piece of art. It's not as aesthetically pleasing as the Oraculum works, but it was definitely a cool thing to mess with.
I wish I had the time to get experience using Illustrator for vectors, it would have made making these a lot easier! The vectorization was done with a program called Vector Magic, so the path work was pretty much automated (and kinda rough around the edges).
Last edited by mchief111 on Jan 27th '12, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.
treellama
Vidmaster

Since you're linking to the originals, can you scale down the examples you post here? Pfhorums is really terrible at loading large images. Or images period. Actually, Pfhorums is just terrible.
Last edited by treellama on Jan 27th '12, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.
mchief111
Born on Board

Haha sure, sorry about that. I noticed the entire image is preloaded THEN resized.
treellama
Vidmaster

No problem, glad you notice it too. At least in Firefox it's five seconds of the page jumping all over the place and 100% CPU use while it's loading. Completely unnecessary, if only the HTML were written correctly.

Loving your wallpapers though. Not sure how well bright orange will work under my transparent terminals, we'll see.
mchief111
Born on Board

In honor of Windows 8 putting the Desktop text in the Start Screen right on top of where the font on the Oraculum wallpapers is, I moved the font up and got rid of the third line. Hurray!