I'm done.

Pfhorums news can be found here. Have a question or suggestion for the Pfhorums? Ask it here.
L'howon
Vidmaster

MoppyPuppy wrote:Yeah, seriously.
I actually did start small though.
I made the MTBP.
Otherwise known as the Marathon Trilogy Book Presentation.
That was years upon years ago though.

Everything else has failed though.
I could probably succeed if I had an artist that could make monsters, and had the patience to make the monster like +100 times in different perspectives.
AND could make new weapons based off unskilled rough drafts that look like a 3 year old with a crayon tried to design.
But after that, yeah, I could totally make a TC.
Even though it requires running through a blazing pit of fire, being stabbed by 1000 poisoned knives, being gnawed on by several angry F'lickta, being stomped on by Hunters, being Warpedo-ed by Juggernaughts...

It's totally do-able.

Also, on the note of most scenarios being produced by relatively random people, etc, I second Thera on that matter. That's a very apt statement. Ryoko, and Forrest excluded of course.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

Lh wrote:Also, on the note of most scenarios being produced by relatively random people, etc, I second Thera on that matter. That's a very apt statement. Ryoko, and Forrest excluded of course.
I was a pretty random unknown person when Eternal started, it's just that 12+ years of public humiliation tend to make people recognize you.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
Director of the Xeventh Project, the team behind Eternal
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

:O

I just got reconnected to the internet after moving house and saw this topic... and I was amazed... to see Ryoko actually leaving.

Well, for the past say 2 years all I could think about was my rancor of Ryoko, and how he always seemed to treat me like a little douche who couldn't map or run his scenario properly... and I guess now he was pretty right to think that way. I guess sometimes he didn't totally think of my creations as crappy and bad, like when I was making all of those little netmaps last year or something. I also remember all those times back in the AIM chatroom when he'd call me a retard and not listen to my opinion.

But anyway, my favorite part in our relationship had to be the Xmas project last year... in which we did infact pull together to make an impressive scenario, despite our animosities. I think it was because we had two totally different ideas of how the project should be done. But I think I've grown up a bit since then, and I did benefit a lot from working on that project, and Ryoko's pushing me to make all of those high res textures. My scenario and the Winter one contain quite a few of them in new forms.

As for the community dying, I don't think the community will die for a while. I don't think I'll ever leave until my own scenario is done. I won't give it up, because I'll always be bored enough to come back to Mararthon and fix it up a bit more, and add a few textures here and there. Though I might go to university next year... at the age 16, which will cause some problems.

Oh well, bye, I guess. Have fun in the great beyond :P
thermoplyae
Mjolnir Mark IV

Pfhorrest wrote:I was a pretty random unknown person when Eternal started, it's just that 12+ years of public humiliation tend to make people recognize you.
i also really like this post
dude, seriously. dude.
infestedsmith
Cyborg

Me too.

The biggest problem with ANY major total conversion, scenario or whatever, is the fact that whoever starts it, generally is the person who has to finish it, and do all the work in between.

That screenshot I posted contains work ALL done by me. I have nobody helping me with models, textures, effects, chooser screens, or anything, except sounds, music and scripts. And most sounds I had to find myself, or buy.

So...

If you intend to start a scenario or a TC, DON'T DO IT! ....just kidding... ;) Do it, but know your limits, and if you're not skilled at all in 3D modeling, texturing, painting or anything like that, look forward to 10 years of enslavement to a project you cannot bring your self to quit or finish.
Cold Fusion Games
Marathon: Infested is a fully 3D Marathon game, built from the ground up using a cross platform, stand-alone game engine.
Progress is plentiful...
Marathon: Infested
Iritscen
Cyborg

Nevermind.
Last edited by Iritscen on Jan 23rd '09, 19:34, edited 1 time in total.
Grenth
Born on Board

I will never leave marathon , do you hear me? NEVER!!!

Well now that i got that out of my system. I'm sad to see you leave RyokoTK [MFrown] , especially sense you were doing such a great job on TGI: Beyond X (i love the original by the way [MGrin] ).
Anyway , good luck with the rest of your life , and thanks for all that you've made , whether it was a netmap collection or a TC they've been great fun to play [MUp] .

Bye , hope to hear from you again some time in the future.
L'howon
Vidmaster

Pfhorrest wrote:I was a pretty random unknown person when Eternal started, it's just that 12+ years of public humiliation tend to make people recognize you.
After 12 years, I think you're done being a random person [MGrin] .

I also have found that the written word public is a word I hate.

I think you can guess where this is going... god, pubic humiliation.
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

Oh and by the way, word of Ryoko's defeat has now reached al Pfhraedo's central cave in Dirkadirkastan, and they wish me to relay* their joy at the liberation of the Pfhorums from the tyrannical rule of The CLIQUE.

As they say, "Dirka dirka Yrro jihad!"

*(The opinions of al Pfhraedo are not necessarily the opinions of their spokesperson).
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
Director of the Xeventh Project, the team behind Eternal
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

But now who shall run the Pfhorums and slay the spambots!?
Marathoner325
Cyborg

Shadowbreaker wrote:But now who shall run the Pfhorums and slay the spambots!?
I believe Appleswitch is also an admin.
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

I just said that for kicks actually, Irons seems to be in charge now, since he has his way into the squiggly framework or whatever its called.
$lave

Marathoner325 wrote:I believe Appleswitch is also an admin.
It's his site, he just isn't very active he's just quiet.
Last edited by $lave on Jan 26th '09, 03:00, edited 1 time in total.
Major Pedro
Cyborg

It looks like something has been done, Someone wrote "Reverof Nohtaram; Welcome to the Marathon" up the top of the page.
infestedsmith
Cyborg

Wow that's big news! :D

As long as this site doesn't go away, I'm happy. Though I think it could use some cleaning...
Cold Fusion Games
Marathon: Infested is a fully 3D Marathon game, built from the ground up using a cross platform, stand-alone game engine.
Progress is plentiful...
Marathon: Infested
VirtualX1
Cyborg

So long RyokoTK, I can't say we ever got along... but I can say you have been an inspiration, and as if it were a curse, I will miss you.

...I would say good luck to you in the future, but then it would not be
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
treellama
Vidmaster

Alright guys, you can get ahold of me on the www.mariusnet.com forums from now on, or maybe ESB.
L'howon
Vidmaster

Treellama wrote:Alright guys, you can get ahold of me on the www.mariusnet.com forums from now on, or maybe ESB.
I'm a bit confused, do you mean that you be more active there now, or just that those places will be the places to contact you? or are those places now added on to contacting you on IRC or here?
epstein
Mjolnir Mark IV

Lh wrote:I'm a bit confused, do you mean that you be more active there now, or just that those places will be the places to contact you? or are those places now added on to contacting you on IRC or here?
He, like much of the elder guard, has moved on from this place. I'll periodically check in until I finish Family Style, and then I too will migrate (not that, to be honest, I've paid much attention here lately).
~if I had a rocket launcher, I'd make someone~
irons
Vidmaster

RyokoTK wrote:And maybe I just grew up.
bump
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Shadowbreaker wrote:I don't think I'll ever leave until my own scenario is done.
bump
3371-Alpha
Cyborg

I think the main reason why this community is close to dead is because there hasn't been much development on Aleph One (both the game engine & it's many scenarios). But with Hopper being the only one who really advances the engine, it's understandable why there's not much development. If we really want to resurrect this community we'd have to do something revolutionary with Aleph One, such as making it into a full on indie engine to attract more development.
Regardless, goodbye Ryoko. It was nice meeting you.
PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0GHz 2003 (Model: 7,2)
Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard)
7GB RAM (OWC PC-3200U-30330 DDR SDRAM 400MHz)
ATi Radeon X800 XT (GPU overclocked to 500MHz, VRAM to 550MHz)
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

What? Are you leaving?
3371-Alpha
Cyborg

RyokoTK wrote:What? Are you leaving?
I thought you said you where leaving. That's why I said goodbye.
PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0GHz 2003 (Model: 7,2)
Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard)
7GB RAM (OWC PC-3200U-30330 DDR SDRAM 400MHz)
ATi Radeon X800 XT (GPU overclocked to 500MHz, VRAM to 550MHz)
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

I did say that, yeah.