Why doesn't Marathon Infinity (Aleph One) have HD Monsters?

Pfhorums news can be found here. Have a question or suggestion for the Pfhorums? Ask it here.
Dan
Cyborg

^ Yeah, just wondering.

(What I meant: Freeverse graphics are included in Durandal, but not Infinity. Why?)
(Yeah, I forgot to include the verb "include.")
Last edited by Dan on Nov 1st '14, 00:57, edited 1 time in total.
Roses are rose red
Poems don't always make sense
Refridgerator
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

If I understand the question (you're missing a verb there), the HD monsters most people are using come from the XBLA version of Marathon 2 which Freeverse put out some years ago. There aren't a lot of alternatives for monster sprites, because it takes a lot of time and effort to make the artwork.

I'm not sure why Freeverse chose to port Marathon 2 rather than Marathon Infinity, but it was probably the same driving factor: people usually do what is easy before they do what is hard.
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

Infinity's storyline can be a bit confusing if you jump into it without any background (Not to mention the level loops and wandering level design). Durandal was probably a better place to start.
treellama
Vidmaster

You can install these if you like: http://simplici7y.com/items/infinity-mo ... d-plugin-2

They just aren't complete, which is why they're not included in the default install.
Dan
Cyborg

@Crater Creator: Thanks for the info.
@LegacyTyphoon: Yeah, Durandal is easier. And Infinity's timeline is... I'm not sure who enjoys it.
@treellama: Ah, I see now. Thanks.
Roses are rose red
Poems don't always make sense
Refridgerator
herecomethej2000
Mjolnir Mark IV

iirc, It is pretty complete. Perhaps a few critters and the jjarro scenery.