Legendary Topics

Pfhorums news can be found here. Have a question or suggestion for the Pfhorums? Ask it here.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

With the advent of the Legends board, where legendary threads are preserved for all time, it makes sense to have a system of nomination for further legendary topics. With the increasing possibility of the deletion of the Pigeon Lounge, too, there may actually be a topic or two in there worth preserving for all-time.

So, the Legendary Topics board exists for quick browsing of these works of art. Since you can't post in the Legends board, this topic exists for you, the user base, to nominate topics for legendary status. A Legendary Topic is a topic that's fun to read, participate in, and talk about -- usually a flame war, or something else that's ridiculous but in hindsight really funny (and at least a little shameful for all participants).

The rules:
1) Post a link to the topic here, and a concise reason why.
2) Each topic must meet approval from a decent handful of users.
3) Each nominated topic must be essentially dead and not helpful in the scope of the board.

If you wish to anti-vote a topic, you may do so, but provide a reason beyond "it makes me look bad :(." For instance, if the topic isn't funny, then you can say so, but if you think it's not funny because it makes you look like a dumbass then your anti-vote won't count for much.

So, post your legendary thread nominations here. Note that Pigeon Lounge topics are valid for legendary status, as long as they're not too offensive.
treellama
Vidmaster

If you want to remove the PL because it encourages immaturity and nastiness, why condone the new Legends forum, which so far contains some particularly immature and nasty threads?

Edit: this isn't a vote, so, not sure if it belongs here, since it's really a response to both your soliciting votes, and the creation of the forum itself. I didn't want to post in the sticky there, but it doesn't really belong here either. Move it where you like, or delete it.
Last edited by treellama on Mar 5th '08, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.
irons
Vidmaster

If it's a bad idea, I won't object to taking it down. I could most likely save the threads and post them on ITO. You have to admit, though, that these are some pretty golden topics.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

If you want to remove the PL because it encourages immaturity and nastiness, why condone the new Legends forum, which so far contains some particularly immature and nasty threads?
Because you can't post in the Legends board.

Your actions will get you warned anyway -- so I'm not trying to encourage people to be stupid jerks, because you'll still get in trouble for it. Besides, a lot of the stuff on Legends is more harmless humor; someone is just being stupid, not especially mean.
irons
Vidmaster

When I compiled the Legends forum, I tried to include that which I thought was nearly 100% funny. A lot of topics started well and fizzled out at then end for whatever reason, so I left those out. I'm wondering if the [8FTB] announcement is funny enough. I think it's actually a little too light to go into Legends, but I wanted the opinions of the CLIQUE and everyone else on that. I mean, I don't think it ever got less funny, but it wasn't as outrageous as some of the better stuff around here. It wasn't a flame war, either, so that might help balance out Legends a bit. What do you think?

For a refresher, check out this topic: http://www.pfhorums.com/viewtopic.php?t=2856
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
StoneClench
Cyborg

irons wrote:but I wanted the opinions of the CLIQUE and everyone else on that.
You treat it as if it were a joke.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Zephyrus wrote:You treat it as if it were a joke.
It is a joke, and so are you.
irons
Vidmaster

Hey, not sure if you guys have ever read this one. I nominate it.

PS, I never got any opinions (CLIQUE or otherwise) about this one:
irons wrote:For a refresher, check out this topic: http://www.pfhorums.com/viewtopic.php?t=2856
Last edited by irons on Mar 18th '08, 22:32, edited 1 time in total.
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

Seconded.
Can't speel for hist.
thomaslivingston
Vidmaster

Who is The One anyway? And how and why did you fuck him over? Is it Nameless?
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

irons wrote:PS, I never got any opinions (CLIQUE or otherwise) about this one:
Eh, I'm just not sure it's legendary enough. Maybe it deserves to be there for a couple months or something, not sure about a permanent spot.
irons
Vidmaster

The One got fucked over because his 3D glasses version of Aleph One sucked, so we told him to get the hell out. Wrk, I more or less agree about the other topic; I just wanted a second opinion. Good thing it was from another guy in the CLIQUE.
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

irons wrote:CLIQUE.
OLD GUARD
Can't speel for hist.
epstein
Mjolnir Mark IV

irons wrote:Hey, not sure if you guys have ever read this one. I nominate it.

I liked 8FTB; whether it was legendary or not I'm not sure, but I say why not?

As for the Ryoko single-handedly destroying the pfhorums: well, it was enjoyable, but for me it lost everything once someone suggested that it should be part of the legendary topics.

No truly legendary topic mentions that it should be a legendary topic.
~if I had a rocket launcher, I'd make someone~
irons
Vidmaster

I agree with the ruination of the "Ruination" topic through awareness of its legendariness, but the amazing reading that comes before overshadows anything else. However, I say we shouldn't post legend-awareness in a potentially legendary thread from this point forward. If someone wants to talk about that, he can do it here instead of in the thread itself.
Drictelt
Vidmaster

I think this thread should be nominated legendary
Eternal - Victory Dance IV - KTA III - Phoenix
More on Simplici7y: Xmas I-II-III - Winter I - Narcotics - Thrudnesday
irons
Vidmaster

YOU RUINED IT :C
logan
Mjolnir Mark IV

If the PL ever does get deleted I say these two topics should be preserved.
1. http://www.pfhorums.com/viewtopic.php?t=1569
2.http://www.pfhorums.com/viewtopic.php?t=1133

logan
Mjolnir Mark IV

irons wrote:Hey, not sure if you guys have ever read this one. I nominate it.

this is great. put it in there

Phortiphy
Vidmaster

epstein wrote:As for the Ryoko single-handedly destroying the pfhorums: well, it was enjoyable, but for me it lost everything once someone suggested that it should be part of the legendary topics.

No truly legendary topic mentions that it should be a legendary topic.
My bad, I saw that thread before I saw this.
Can't speel for hist.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

"RyokoTK is single-handedly ruining the community" has been moved to Legends.

I'm not so sure about either of the ones logan linked to, or the 8FTB one.
irons
Vidmaster

Yeah, 8FTB was just a suggestion. I can live with it out of the Legends forum if you can, tampon-eater.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Shut your giant douche-hole.
irons
Vidmaster

Hello again, my tiny tampons. Today's subject is the wonderful Nobody Loves Me: Alan Edition. There were many laughs to be had in this thread, but I'm still scratching myself wondering if it's truly "Legendary."

Pros:New Marathon governmentWELL!Skateboard kids getting high off energy drinksThe Ignorance/Diluted dialecticCons:Kind of slowPeople take it seriously enough that they end up being reasonableNobody loves meWhat do my petit popes here think?
Last edited by irons on Apr 10th '08, 04:59, edited 1 time in total.
$lave

I think it's legendary for sure, it may have been a bit slow at times, but it was overall very entertaining, in my opinion.