Second Question

Pfhorums news can be found here. Have a question or suggestion for the Pfhorums? Ask it here.
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

I remember in the middle pfhorums, once we had more than 5 posts we were able to choose our own custom title. Can you please enable that again?
ChauSara

I would like this feature, too.
Switch
Vidmaster

Im trying to negotiate what to do with the member sidebar. The group will go, would anyone mind If I removed elements such as join date, member number and post count? leaving only the less competitive bar? And at that point i will add the custom titles.
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

join date, member number and post count can go.. at least that's my opinion.
rejneb

You should just get rid of all forms of post counting. Just allow us to make our own custom titles or make everyone member and only get a custom title if we do something good and worthy of it. Maybe a monthly vote on who gets to have a custom title so that people have to work hard by worthy posts instead of quantity of them.
Switch
Vidmaster

rejneb wrote: You should just get rid of all forms of post counting. Just allow us to make our own custom titles or make everyone member and only get a custom title if we do something good and worthy of it. Maybe a monthly vote on who gets to have a custom title so that people have to work hard by worthy posts instead of quantity of them.
I think no post counts and custom names past 5 or 10 (sometimes you want to know how active someone is and weather or not they are familiar)
ChauSara

How about everyone gets custom titles (probably at a certain post count), and good people get rewarded with COLOR titles? =D
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

I don't agree with the voting on who gets custom titles (but that's me, but I'm biased because I want custom titles NOW....BWAHAHAHAH!!!!)...just give custom titles, say after 5-10 posts and get rid of member number and join date, does that really matter? You might as well keep post count so you can see how active a person is.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.
Switch
Vidmaster

Grayswandir wrote: I don't agree with the voting on who gets custom titles (but that's me, but I'm biased because I want custom titles NOW....BWAHAHAHAH!!!!)...just give custom titles, say after 5-10 posts and get rid of member number and join date, does that really matter? You might as well keep post count so you can see how active a person is.
Don't worry, they'll all stay, but you'll have to click there profile. As for how active someone is we will know weather or not they are newbies so I think thats all we need to know
rejneb

Eh, just go back to custom titles after 5 posts or have not custom titles at all. As for the post count, you can keep it there if you want... but just don't base anything off of it.
Phsyco_kid
Cyborg

I don't see any problem having custom titles. But 5-10 posts is nothing, so what's the point in waiting 10 posts? having one elected person who has a custom title is kinda pointless, and I'd rather not have custom titles instead of fuss and bother about who gets the custom title for the month.
If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

"The next chapter finds Rambo recruited by a group of Christian human rights missionaries to protect them against pirates..."
-IMDB.com

"I didn't mean to kill nobody, I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord."
-R.L. Burnside
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

I don't want custom titles for any specific reason, like bragging rights. I just want custom titles so I can creatively degrade and label myself for all the masses to see.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
poofy
Mjolnir Mark IV

I find custom titles (really all titles) pointless, but it seems everybody else wants them.
lol butts
Destroyer E

Back on the ASW boards, we needed 1000+ posts to be able to create our own custom titles.

Nevertheless, I am patient, and don't care.
Dieselfame3
Vidmaster

id like to keep the member number tag if possible
xyfbzi
Vidmaster

Here's how I think it should work: Appleswitch will pick one member. They will become an advanced member. They get to rate the posts of newbies and members. Once a newbie gets 10 posts with the rating, "thumbs up" (assuming the rating is either thumbs up or thumbs down) then they become a member. Members can rate only newbies. When a member gets 20 posts with the rating, "thumbs up" then they become an advanced member. This could continue for as many levels of members as you want, and they could change their title at any level past member, but not change the number of little rectangle thingies. I don't agree with the post number system, it engourages people to post huge numbers of stupid things. I also don't agree with the voting system, because it's too infrequent and people (probably me) will feel sad when they never voted for.

Billy was a chemist's son.
But Billy is no more.
What Billy thought was H20,
Was H2S04.
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

No offense xyfbi...but if you even kill my chance of being able to label myself however I want...I will hunt you down, kill you, and then eat your unborn children...slowly. ;)
I still think just letting people label themselves right from the start (or after 5 posts...) is a good idea. I mean, its just like another part of the profile anyway, I don't care if I'm an "Advanced Member" or a "Newbie"...I just want to label myself something like "Bloody Sponge Cake" or "Fan-Service Gone Wrong"...and I can't yet! NOOOOOO!!! :P But seriously, its mainly just a novelty, its not like its some major thing that's going to affect the boards much is it?
As xyfbi said above, we don't need the bar or post count really.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Switch
Vidmaster

xyf: Im not going to edit that. he's not being mean, thats just legacy...
irons

I agree with Goran. It appears that people are taking lot of care in their posts: The highest number (me) is in the 80's or 90's. Do you remember how Hawkeyefile had about 500 posts by this time in the first version of the Pfhorums? Anyway, the members are making more sensible posts, so it appears that they don't really care about having a wad of posts. Thus ends the post count, the progress bar, and the "{X} Member" title. It is interesting for me to see when a member joined, but it's nothing critical, so it can go. It looks like you already got rid of the "From: " field; good work.

Custom titles are also useless. They stop being clever after a few hours or days. Do you have any idea how sick I was of "Mighty Morpfhin' Moderator?" I say get rid of custom titles. After all, if you don't have to look up all of these things in the database, the page will load more quickly, won't it? I'm all for having a very fast Pfhorums.
poofy
Mjolnir Mark IV

Nobody tell Hawkeye about this place.
lol butts
Kidtofu
Cyborg

irons wrote: I agree with Goran. It appears that people are taking lot of care in their posts: The highest number (me) is in the 80's or 90's. Do you remember how Hawkeyefile had about 500 posts by this time in the first version of the Pfhorums? Anyway, the members are making more sensible posts, so it appears that they don't really care about having a wad of posts. Thus ends the post count, the progress bar, and the "{X} Member" title. It is interesting for me to see when a member joined, but it's nothing critical, so it can go. It looks like you already got rid of the "From: " field; good work.

Custom titles are also useless. They stop being clever after a few hours or days. Do you have any idea how sick I was of "Mighty Morpfhin' Moderator?" I say get rid of custom titles. After all, if you don't have to look up all of these things in the database, the page will load more quickly, won't it? I'm all for having a very fast Pfhorums.
Well, Can you add a name changing feature? Because, I Personally like custom titles because then people can know that i am "Smexy" or that i am actually Lacus Clyne......
En Taro Adun,
Executor.

Im dead, man!
irons

I think that these kinds of things fit best exclusively in the Member Profile. If someone wants to learn more about you, he can just click the link to your name. That way, both sides win, with reduced server load :P
poofy wrote: Nobody tell Hawkeye about this place.
Give this man a medal!
Last edited by irons on Feb 22nd '06, 21:00, edited 1 time in total.
Switch
Vidmaster

King Kidtofu wrote: Well, Can you add a name changing feature? Because, I Personally like custom titles because then people can know that i am "Smexy" or that i am actually Lacus Clyne......
I haven't tried it but I think you can change your viewing name
irons

Switch, it appears that you have got rid of the extra information under our avatars. Thanks!