Back...

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.
chinkeeyong
Mjolnir Mark IV

Hey. It's chinkeeyong from 2008, if you remember me.

Just trying to get back into A1 for the moment. I'm not sure about the current state of the mapmaking community, so it would be nice if someone could get me up to speed. Any promising new scenarios or utilities? How is Marathon: Fusion? Is this place as full of intolerable awesome as it used to be?
Embrace imagination.
raithe
Cyborg

All sorts of amazing stuff. I would strongly recommend that you play Marathon: Pheonix. As for me, I've been making a bunch of crazy scripts.
Until next time...
RAITHE [Pfhor Military Base AI Ver. 4.2]
Dugit
Vidmaster

chinkeeyong wrote:Is this place as full of intolerable awesome as it used to be?
You betcha. [MGrin]
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
brilliant
Mjolnir Mark IV

Yes, there are some promising new stuff. The Syndicate and Marathon: Aeon look promising. Mr. Project DX is looking nice, and have you seen Treellama's utilities? They're pretty good, and there's a lot more stuff too! Welcome back!
"My advise: V" - g pack
goran
Vidmaster

Check out my new texture packs. Links in my signature.
VikingBoyBilly
Mjolnir Mark IV

I signed up in 2007 and I don't remember you. No offense by that. But one thing that's happened is we're about 99.7% sure Bridget is a natural born female with no transgenderisms involved. We even got a small glimpse of her lower lip.

And the replacement for the pigeon lounge got replaced with something meant to be even more watered down than infinitys.

Oh, I guess we talk about marathon and don't act like jerks sometimes. (not really)
CryoS
Vidmaster

thats becasue you suck viking.
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
VikingBoyBilly
Mjolnir Mark IV

VikingBoyBilly wrote:Oh, I guess we talk about marathon and don't act like jerks sometimes. (not really)
CryoS wrote:thats becasue you suck viking.
Classic pfhorums. [MSmile]
chinkeeyong
Mjolnir Mark IV

Yeah, I get the Pfhorums vibe already.

@VikingBoyBilly: There was some drama involving me continuing one of Wrk's joke scenarios by myself, Wrk complaining and Ryoko landing a week-long ban on me, then when I returned it turns out Wrk did it for the lulz and there was a lot of flaming. If that helps.
Last edited by chinkeeyong on Nov 26th '10, 01:45, edited 1 time in total.
Embrace imagination.
Zott
Vidmaster

There was some drama involving me continuing one of Wrk's joke scenarios by myself, Wrk complaining and Ryoko landing a week-long ban on me, then when I returned it turns out Wrk did it for the lulz and there was a lot of flaming. If that helps.
I kind of remember that occurring. >_> Welcome home.
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee
Dis
Mjolnir Mark IV

You should check out my awesome map pack.
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x.style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x.innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

if (document.URL != "http://www.simplici7y.com/reviews") window.onload = rate;
chinkeeyong
Mjolnir Mark IV

Link?
Embrace imagination.
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

How about Weland? The first working OSX Marathon map editor? If we're talkin' new utilities, that one's probably the best.

And actually, no, it's not that bad here anymore. I think the site was on the tail end of its dickishness when I started posting (which is fortunate, because I probably deserve more shit than I have gotten).
Last edited by gmanyo on Dec 8th '10, 09:53, edited 1 time in total.
Dis
Mjolnir Mark IV

Probably?
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x.style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x.innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

if (document.URL != "http://www.simplici7y.com/reviews") window.onload = rate;