Top 5 games

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster

Grayswandir wrote:Guilty Gear XX #Reload
Future Cop: LAPD
AGREED.

I love Future Cop LAPD!

1. BlazBlue
2. Armored Core 4 Answer
3. Modern Warfare 2
4. Marathon
5. Halo Wars
Horkeldorf
Cyborg

Grayswandir wrote:Future Cop: LAPD
That game is freaking awesome. My mom wouldn't let me watch my dad play it when I was a kid cause she thought it was too gorry.
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

Silent Hill 2
Burnout Paradise
Left 4 Dead
Resident Evil 4
Nethack (although this may suddenly switch to my most hated game ever in the near future)

Those might or might not be in order depending on my mood and how many people are at my house. Morrowind is pretty sweet but I really haven't played it enough to judge it (even though I own the game).

Honorable mentions for being "So bad they're good":
Pirates of the Caribbean (although this game actually wasn't THAT horrible)
Extreme Paintbrawl 2

Top 5 movies:
Chinatown
Capote
Evil Dead II
Casablanca? Okay, so I've really only figured out 3, but Casablanca is definitely a prime candidate. Also, Airplane is great.
Vladtepes
Cyborg

Very hard to give only 5 games, depends mainly on the kind of game? here is a list, not really ordered

Stalker: Call of Pripyat: It took several opus to create the "final" Stalker but it seems they achieved a near ideal game. a bit short though.
Jagged Alliance 2 v1.13: fan improved version of an already wonderful game.
X3: Terran Conflict: very interesting genre, too bad there aren't more games like that, very good community making wonderful mods.
Zelda: A link to the Past, my personal favorite zelda game
Fallout 2: Very good atmosphere, real RPG and post apocalyptic setup. Yummy

Honorable mentions (more or less ordered by "honorability"):
The other Stalker games, Shadow of Chernobyl and Clear Sky, wonderful games too but far too bugged to be in the top
Deus Ex, maybe the best RPG/FPS or at least the most RPG one.
Team Fortress 2, one of the best multiplayer fps ever made
Other Zelda games (especially Ocarina of Time)
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II, very good real time strategy game, unlike DoW it is quite close to Warhammer 40k because of its squad based combat.
Heroes of Might and Magic serie, especially 3 and 5, very good turn based strategy games.
Baldur's Gate serie, wonderful RPGs but a bit overcomplicated, especially for Mages.
Fallout 1 (I actually played the 2 a lot more, which explains it is not in the top even if it is usually seen as better than the second opus)
Crysis very beautiful and fun to play (must be played in the hardest difficulty level though.?)
Marathon serie, Myth 2 and 1
Escape Velocity Nova

Ok, I think I'll stop here or it won't end [MLaugh]
irons wrote:QUOTE(irons @ Dec 18 2009, 12:47 AM) LEAVE ME ALONE STOP HURTING MY FEELINGS
Vladtepes
Cyborg

I think ships were better and weapons more interesting in EV:N than EVO, but EVO was more open. I personally always have preferred EV:N over the other two opuses.
Anyway, X3:TC is way better than any EV game, in every respect (maybe except story telling)
irons wrote:QUOTE(irons @ Dec 18 2009, 12:47 AM) LEAVE ME ALONE STOP HURTING MY FEELINGS
irons
Vidmaster

WARHAMMER 40,0000
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

I can only hope EVO was better than EVN because Nova was the only one I played and it was strikingly mediocre.

As for Zelda, LTTP is definitely my favorite too, but Ocarina of Time and Link's Awakening are very close contenders.
Marathoner325
Cyborg

Treellama wrote:EV:O was way better than EV:N
Seconded.
Idkbutlike2
Cyborg

1. Super Metroid
2. Quake II
3. Mother 3
4. Marathon 2
5. Final Fantasy VI
The cake was a lie, until I ate it...
Just cause I like Windows and Microsoft doesn't make me any less of a Marathon fan!
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

gmanyo wrote:Top 5 movies:
Chinatown
Capote
Evil Dead II
Casablanca? Okay, so I've really only figured out 3, but Casablanca is definitely a prime candidate. Also, Airplane is great.
Ah, add Blade Runner Director's Cut somewhere in that list. Also, I don't think Casablanca should be in there.

Chinatown
Blade Runner
Capote
Evil Dead II
Err... still not sure... Stalag 17 maybe?

And maybe Knights of the Old Republic should be on my games list in place of Nethack.
Last edited by gmanyo on Feb 28th '10, 14:52, edited 1 time in total.
Miak
Cyborg

5. Oblivion
4. KOTOR
3. Battlefield: Bad Company
2. Morrowind
1. Command and Conquer: Red Alert
envy
Mjolnir Mark IV

wow. bringin' back some good memories. I rearrange my list!
1. EV:N - played that for 5 years of my life.
2. Geneforge - first and second, it fell off after that. another 3 years.
3. SWBF 1 - played to this day on my powermac of late.
RIP G4 powermac. 2004-2010
4. URU online - best puzzles, and the graphic quality wasnt great, it was just so different that it was amazing.
5. Marathon - No Description Required.
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.
SynthNinja
Cyborg

I think a Marathon plugin for EV Nova would be epic.
GOT MUSIC? I compose. CLICK HERE! Download my music free or request something tailored to your specifications by PMing me.
megabyte
Vidmaster

SynthNinja wrote:I think a Marathon plugin for EV Nova would be epic.
There was some Marathon built in.
You see a lot of references if you read the whole thread.
Last edited by megabyte on Mar 1st '10, 01:44, edited 1 time in total.
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]
SynthNinja
Cyborg

Yeah, I noticed all of those references. I beat all the story lines, and all the story lines for the ARPIA2 plugin (which is awesome, by the way). I got Stephen Chick's ship angry at me, but my ship is so powerful that I just disable his ship and steal his 5 or 7 million credits (sometimes 10 million if I get lucky). And Our Spiel (the last planet you go to when you beat a story line) is now paying me tribute.
GOT MUSIC? I compose. CLICK HERE! Download my music free or request something tailored to your specifications by PMing me.
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

Ah, yes. EV Nova. I started doing the Polaris plot for awhile, it told me to go wander for awhile and come back later, and then when I did I couldn't get back to the quest.
SynthNinja
Cyborg

When that happens I go hunting for pirate manticores until I have a few million credits. Eventually you get back to the quest, it just takes awhile. Usually after I'm done racking up all those credits I get the next mission.
vio2112
Spazeroid

Man, it's hard to limit it to just 5, but I'll give it a go.

Super Castlevania 4
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Metroid Prime(although I disagree with ryoko here; prime 3 is brilliant too IMO)
Super Mario World
Resident Evil 4
The New Elimination King.