What games are you currently playing?

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.
Idkbutlike2
Cyborg

I'm not sure if this kind of topic has been made here before, and I really don't feel like zombifying a 6+ month thread just 'cause it has the same topic. I think this forum needs a thread where members can discuss what games they're currently playing or have recently beaten (besides Marathon, of course) and give suggestions, share opinions, and/or just talk about them. So, without further ado, I'll start off the thread:

I've been replaying several classic games lately, in particular Super Metroid (best game ever made, hands down) and several shooters like the first two games in the Quake series. I'm also get all of the endings on Chrono Trigger, though I doubt I'll get all thirteen of them any time soon. And finally, I've almost beaten Super Castlevania 4 on the Virtual Console, and might start playing Bloodlines on an emulator, who knows. And last and least, I've recently tried out The World Ends With You, but quickly dumped it because the plot and music were about to blow my brains out. Seriously, stay away from that RPG, it's just another pile of weaboo garbage for hardcore Square Enix fans. [MFrown]
The cake was a lie, until I ate it...
Just cause I like Windows and Microsoft doesn't make me any less of a Marathon fan!
irons
Vidmaster

Minotaur.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
Marathoner325
Cyborg

I am currently playing through several games, including:
-Riven (Myst sequel)
-Assassin's Creed II
-Batman: Arkham Asylum
-Duke Nukem 3D

And just in case you're interested in reading it, I've made a past topic that was similar to this?http://www.pfhorums.com/viewtopic.php?t=3766
Last edited by Marathoner325 on Feb 12th '10, 02:22, edited 1 time in total.
Idkbutlike2
Cyborg

Marathoner325 wrote:And just in case you're interested in reading it, I've made a past topic that was similar to this?http://www.pfhorums.com/viewtopic.php?t=3766
See, that's back from 2008, I wasn't going to zombify it. Speaking of Duke Nukem, I'm hearing rumors that other companies are trying to take over the development of Duke Nukem Forever. I wonder what'll come out of that (or if it even does).
Just cause I like Windows and Microsoft doesn't make me any less of a Marathon fan!
Marathoner325
Cyborg

Idkbutlike2 wrote:See, that's back from 2008, I wasn't going to zombify it.
I understand, I just put it there in case anyone who hadn't seen it before felt like reading it.
And I thought everyone had given up on Duke Nukem Forever long ago. I mean, it's been well over ten years since the development supposedly began, and we haven't even gotten any more than a handful of screenshots and the original trailer.
irons
Vidmaster

W wrote:The Pfhorums game.
You are a genius as always.
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
thermoplyae
Mjolnir Mark IV

mechwarrior 2, every hour of every day
dude, seriously. dude.
megabyte
Vidmaster

thermoplyae wrote:mechwarrior 2, every hour of every day
Best. Game. Ever.
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]
Zott
Vidmaster

I have Tropico 3, and Dragonage wrapped in my drawer; sadly I have no time to play them.

The last games I finished were Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor and Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena. I have a review written out for Tales of Valor, but it needs editing, and a Chronicles of Riddick review needs to be written.

I am currently playing Psychonaughts for PC, Team Fortress 2, and Myth 2 in-between my work load.

Sadly, Looking at the list I posted in the last thread, I never completed half of those and made no progress in Oblivion or Super Mario Galaxy by 1 minute from the time I last posted that list. I did complete Crysis and Army of Two though, so it wasn't a fool's dreams.
Last edited by Zott on Feb 12th '10, 06:16, edited 1 time in total.
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee
Dugit
Vidmaster

Other than Marathon... Rome Total War.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
goran
Vidmaster

Starcraft, starcraft, starcraft.... we play almost daily at the hotline server.
goran
Vidmaster

Marathoner325 wrote:-Duke Nukem 3D
Have you played the latest polymer build? It's sexy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MoufuUKLNo...feature=related
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

The most recent one i could be bothered to play through is halo 3..
well i had to get inspiration from somewhere...
treellama
Vidmaster

It's been too snowy here, so I reinstalled Far Cry.
thermoplyae
Mjolnir Mark IV

Megabyte wrote:Best. Game. Ever.
ikr
dude, seriously. dude.
L'howon
Vidmaster

Goran wrote:Starcock, starcock, starcock.... we play almost daily at the hotline server.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.
Idkbutlike2
Cyborg

Hey, don't be a stinking troll, StarCraft is an amazing game.
irons
Vidmaster

I think Lh'owon plays Starcraft with the rest of those guys anyway.
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

Goran wrote:Starcraft, starcraft, starcraft.... we play almost daily at the hotline server.
I'm more of a Warcraft 3-er, I've never actually beaten the game without cheating (some levels are just stupid, like the Night Elf one where you have to get the runner to the boat), and I sometimes play online (I'm deytukrjerbs on US East, though Ive got accounts on all 4 zones I think). I've even been working on my own WC3 campaign, which could certainly use a bit of help, which is why I havent recently posted any updates of my Marathon stuff :P
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

I play Starcock: Ballistic Wang with the rest of the muffin munchers.
Also, Unreal Tournament, Quake 3: Relics (fuck yeah!), World of Goo, and of course, Myth II.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.
goran
Vidmaster

idkbutlike2, it's hard for you to know, but star cock, sodomizing children, sexy chicks, super cunt are names we frequently use to hint at SC when we chat at hl.bungie.org It's not disrespect for the game...it's love for the game. Come and play with us some day ;)
goran
Vidmaster

Shadowbreaker wrote:I'm more of a War Cock threesomer...
I envy that name
Horkeldorf
Cyborg

I just started playing through American Mcgee's Alice for the first time today. Really good game so far.
Also playing through Tomb Raider Anniversary. It's just ok...
envy
Mjolnir Mark IV

RIVEN!
you know there was a Myst Online? THAT was the best game. Behind that goes SWBF and Halo 1, Redline (Amazing Racing Game), and Toribash (Ragdoll Fun)
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.