I have to apologise

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.
RadBurn
Cyborg

Below I've highlighted key terms that my sarcastic response failed to convey.
$lave wrote:If AlephOne doesn't have what you want and you're asking about Unity scripting then you should consult Unity forums or tutorials.
Would you go to a Warcraft III forum to post about using Construct? Would you go to a Duke Nukem 3d forums to post about Game Maker script? Would you go to a cheese factory to ask about smoking pork shoulder? Would you go to a museum to learn about how to change a flat tire? Would you travel to Mars to learn about the atmospheric composition of Neptune? Would you learn Arabic to find out about the meaning behind Calvin and Hobbes? Would you buy a metronome to find about meiosis? Would you go hiking in China to learn about rainbows? Would you clone your left foot to find out about apartheid? Would you go to the AlephOne forums to find out about Unity script? Would you download an AOL cd image from 1996 to make a French omelette? Would you fly a kite to learn Van Halen?
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

Yeah. I suck I know.
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

It is not needed for me to say it here but.

I did it! I've made an 8 dir sprite script! (A very simple one for that)

Why I just decided to drop by and say it here is because
Unity Scripting is easy! You've come to the right place! Here at the Pfhorums we are all secretly Unity Script aficionados :)
I will stick to the Unity forums for help but I felt like saying this. Only that.
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

Congratulations.
RadBurn
Cyborg

Screamernail wrote:I did it! I've made an 8 dir sprite script!
baby.jpg
baby.jpg (45.78 KiB) Viewed 6675 times
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

You people know what would be great? A file format specifically made for 8 directional sprites. I had the plans for my own game engine for awhile now and never got to know how to make one. I have asked treellama about how to make an editor like Weland or how it was made, still waiting for an answer.

I'll "try" to focus on this engine of mine. It will be made using SceneKit and has 8 dir sprites. Just wish me luck or join me on the development cause I can't get things done.
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

I think QuickTime VR had a multidirectional sprite format that it used, but nobody uses that technology anymore.