Own Website

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

I'm working on a website containing ideas from me and shared thoughts. Using Kompozer, I'm easily making some http files that I will release to the public.
Skärmavbild 2018-11-09 kl. 10.04.46.png
Skärmavbild 2018-11-09 kl. 10.04.54.png

Still, I haven't gotten the "publishing" part right the first time and need some help knowing what service I should choose to release it like it is. You people are smart so I'm asking you people for help.

By the way I'm better now. (For now)
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

I know that you people do read this but don't want to help. It's okay. I have other things to do.
General-RADIX
Cyborg

Screamernail wrote:I know that you people do read this but don't want to help. It's okay. I have other things to do.
Hey man, don't get passive-aggressive. It might just be that no one knows how to help you (like how I unfortunately dunno what to say beyond what I've already told you).
welcome to the scene of the crash
RadBurn
Cyborg

Screamernail wrote:I have other things to do.
If you have other things to do then go do them. Quit wasting your own time writing and posting nasty messages like this and quit wasting the time of anyone who reads it.
Screamernail wrote:I know that you people do read this but don't want to help. It's okay.
To answer your question about getting a website started I recommend something like WordPress. Before you ask how to use WordPress I'm going to tell you to first do your own research. Stop asking so much and start learning.
Screamernail wrote:By the way I'm better now. (For now)
Clearly you are not. Shut your mouth, open your eyes and ears, and observe the world around you and how you fit into it. Learn to stand on your own two feet. Nobody likes a shmuck. You'll feel better about yourself I promise.
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

You mad bro? XD
General-RADIX
Cyborg

Screamernail wrote:You mad bro? XD
...dude. Don't.
welcome to the scene of the crash
RadBurn
Cyborg

Screamernail wrote:You mad bro? XD
You stupid bro?
The Man
Vidmaster

You complain that “no one wants to help”, but there’s copious evidence of why that might be in this exact thread. For the record, I didn’t even get around to reading this topic until just now. A lot of people are really busy this time of year, as a lot of the big class projects start being assigned around this time, and I’m no exception. I’ve had to pull back from my involvement in Eternal, my development process on Chronicles has slowed drastically, and I haven’t posted a Vid film of Marathon 2 or Infinity to my YouTube channel in weeks. You’re not the only one who has “better things to do”. But next time I’m going to think twice about wasting my time helping a person who acts like a dick to someone who actually does answer their questions. And you’ve got a lot of nerve saying “u mad bro?” to anyone after writing such a passive-aggressive reply.

For the record, I’m not mad. I’m mildly baffled at your behaviour. I spent no more than five minutes composing this message, and I’ll probably forget about it five minutes later and go about my day. But there’s a good saying that may apply here: “If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you’re the asshole.”
“People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.” —V, V for Vendetta (Alan Moore)

“The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. If you can’t lick ’em, join ’em. If it hurts, repeat it. But to praise despair is to condemn delight, to embrace violence is to lose hold of everything else. We have almost lost hold; we can no longer describe happy man, nor make any celebration of joy.” —Ursula K. Le Guin, “The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas”

“If others had not been foolish, we should be so.” —William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

“The law cannot protect anyone unless it binds everyone; and it cannot bind anyone unless it protects everyone.” —Frank Wilhoit

Last.fm · Marathon Chronicles · Marathon Eternal 1.2 · Where Monsters Are in Dreams · YouTube Vidmaster’s Challenge