The internet is weird

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.
irons
Vidmaster

Dugit wrote:I meant it to have no comedic value.
I figured you didn't, but maybe I'm also the only one who finds it amusing. Don't worry about it. Read Starship Troopers until you get to the part where Johnny realizes he's over the hump in boot camp.
RyokoTK wrote:FUCK YOU.
[attachment=3457:EP_FRANK...WRIGHT_1.jpg]
Attachments
EP_FRANK_LLOYD_WRIGHT_1.jpg
EP_FRANK_LLOYD_WRIGHT_1.jpg (68.35 KiB) Viewed 8022 times
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
Dugit
Vidmaster

Dugit wrote:And I wish to bring an end to this pointless farce.

I understand why Ryoko is so angry at me, and I accept it. I still respect the olders of the forum, and that's not going to change unless something awful happens to me on their behalf. I'm just expressing that sometimes (admittedly more than others) I make vocabulary mistakes, and in most cases, they are weak and pointless motions to make myself sound more generally mature than I am. I am sorry for this saga of error, and I wish to apologize to all those who feel affected.

Vale,
Dugit
No, really I do.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
irons
Vidmaster

Dugit wrote:No, really I do.
Last time you tried to force the closure of a thread, we kept posting just to annoy you.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
Dugit
Vidmaster

irons wrote:Last time you tried to force the closure of a thread, we kept posting just to annoy you.
By 'pointless farce' I meant my pointless farce. I'm not trying to close this thread.
Last edited by Dugit on Dec 31st '09, 15:22, edited 1 time in total.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.

gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

This topic is going nowhere fast. I think it almost proves something...
RyokoTK wrote:You, Dugit, and WJ all have this ridiculous penchant for waxing dramatic as soon as anyone stops being tolerant of your games.
WJ? I thought it was me, Dugit and Envy. Actually, I'm just an idiot sometimes. Not sure how much I "wax dramatic".
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

gmanyo wrote:This topic is going nowhere fast. I think it almost proves something...

WJ? I thought it was me, Dugit and Envy. Actually, I'm just an idiot sometimes. Not sure how much I "wax dramatic".
That's why I didn't mention you. :)
$lave

irons wrote:I'm encouraging you to DIE.
Dugit
Vidmaster

irons wrote:I'm encouraging you to DIE.
Don't say that.
Last edited by Dugit on Dec 31st '09, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.

gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

Dugit
Vidmaster

Oh dear... it's degenerating...

gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

Dugit wrote:Oh dear... it's degenerating...
You just noticed?
Dugit
Vidmaster

gmanyo wrote:You just noticed?
Evidently.

tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

RyokoTK wrote:You, Dugit, and WJ all have this ridiculous penchant for waxing dramatic as soon as anyone stops being tolerant of your games.
Just curious, but when? I don't remember "waxing dramatic," but then again i have a terrible memory.
D?rovací tvá?í.
Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
Jim
Cyborg

Legendary.
I don't care anymore.
thermoplyae
Mjolnir Mark IV

Jim wrote:Legendary.
not even close
dude, seriously. dude.
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

I was hoping, but I don't think this is going to go much farther.
Dugit
Vidmaster

Meh.

Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

I don't get why everyone wants Dugit to stop talking like an idiot. Am I the only one that find it amusing?
Dis
Mjolnir Mark IV

You certainly aren't alone in this, however the rest of the shit posting is quite irritating. (Even though it helped shape this particularly entertaining thread.)
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x.style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x.innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

if (document.URL != "http://www.simplici7y.com/reviews") window.onload = rate;
Drictelt
Vidmaster

W wrote:I don't get why everyone wants Dugit to stop talking like an idiot. Am I the only one that find it amusing?
finds
either that or English is a silly language.
Last edited by Drictelt on Dec 31st '09, 23:40, edited 1 time in total.
Eternal - Victory Dance IV - KTA III - Phoenix
More on Simplici7y: Xmas I-II-III - Winter I - Narcotics - Thrudnesday
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Drictelt wrote:finds
either that or English is a silly language.
GODDAMNIT QUIT CORRECTING MY ERRORS!!!!!!!!!!! Every time I do something wrong you guys are always giving me all sorts of shit. Leave me alone.
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

W wrote:GODDAMNIT QUIT CORRECTING MY ERRORS!!!!!!!!!!! Every time I do something wrong you guys are always giving me all sorts of shit. Leave me alone.
One of your words is below the others in the same line, you might want to fix that up.

No, but in all seriousness, I find the fact that our current setting, the worship of a howevermany year old game with outdated everything, an "old guard" and a new influx of users, to be fascinating. It's a rather unique social experiment. Given the relative novelty of the Internet, and multiplayer video games, as well as the effects of the open source movement, and the specific amount of popularity Marathon has/had, as well as the demographics its crowd of users, one can see that this crowd is unique. No other community is exactly like this, indeed, we're paving the way for social science. A case study in an "Old-Guard versus New Generation", with the additional factor of "content creation" proficiency effecting social status, as well as the effect of poor (or not) grammar and spelling upon observed "intelligence" of the post.

I won't pretend that I was observing these things closely before, but over my break I was thinking about how interesting it was to have been part of something that had never been done before. There is bountiful information here about human interaction, and what that says about our deeper levels of psychological tendencies and habits. The greatest thing about all of this is that it's archived, saved, for future generations to laugh and read and be inspired or do whatever they want with our conversations, if they so choose. Given the wealth of information generated each day, it'll be a miracle if someone stumbles upon this place 75 years from now, but one can hope.

I hope that doesn't sound dumb, I have a tendency to post stupid things late at night and then cringe about it in the morning I've found.
Can't speel for hist.
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

Pfhortipfhy wrote:*words over the internet*
I'm pretty sure it's been done before. There are plenty of old game communities and several of them probably have modern emulators/level creators. We're lucky to have a guy like Tree, however, who codes all the stuff for the game; not many (though probably a few other than this one) online communities have that kind of guy.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

gmanyo wrote:I'm pretty sure it's been done before. There are plenty of old game communities and several of them probably have modern emulators/level creators. We're lucky to have a guy like Tree, however, who codes all the stuff for the game; not many (though probably a few other than this one) online communities have that kind of guy.
Even still, that shouldn't stop other people creating something aswell, I mean, surely there's more than one programmer here.
If I could, I would!
Dugit
Vidmaster

Pfhortipfhy wrote:One of your words is below the others in the same line, you might want to fix that up.

No, but in all seriousness, I find the fact that our current setting, the worship of a howevermany year old game with outdated everything, an "old guard" and a new influx of users, to be fascinating. It's a rather unique social experiment. Given the relative novelty of the Internet, and multiplayer video games, as well as the effects of the open source movement, and the specific amount of popularity Marathon has/had, as well as the demographics its crowd of users, one can see that this crowd is unique. No other community is exactly like this, indeed, we're paving the way for social science. A case study in an "Old-Guard versus New Generation", with the additional factor of "content creation" proficiency effecting social status, as well as the effect of poor (or not) grammar and spelling upon observed "intelligence" of the post.

I won't pretend that I was observing these things closely before, but over my break I was thinking about how interesting it was to have been part of something that had never been done before. There is bountiful information here about human interaction, and what that says about our deeper levels of psychological tendencies and habits. The greatest thing about all of this is that it's archived, saved, for future generations to laugh and read and be inspired or do whatever they want with our conversations, if they so choose. Given the wealth of information generated each day, it'll be a miracle if someone stumbles upon this place 75 years from now, but one can hope.

I hope that doesn't sound dumb, I have a tendency to post stupid things late at night and then cringe about it in the morning I've found.
No it doesn't sound dumb to me. I like it; it makes good sense.