Current favorite song

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

I understand that most of the time it's impossible to choose a favorite song. However, I usually have one or two that I'm into for a certain period of time, and I can describe those as my "favorite" songs, at least for the time being.

Right now, I'm hooked on "Everything you do is a balloon" by Boards of Canada.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQEmaj9C6ko (that music video is kind of creepy, by the way, but otherwise should be work safe, except for possibly the comments)
Also, skip to about 1:30 if you get bored; the song doesn't really start until then.

So what are your favorite songs of the moment?
Dugit
Vidmaster

I have a number. Don't shoot me- I'm in to 80's synthpop. Here are my all time favorites:

Orchestral Maneuvres in the Dark: Messages, Enola Gay, Genetic Engineering

Tears for Fears: Mad World

The Human League: Don't You Want Me Baby, Love Action, Mirror Man, Tell Me When, Together in Electric Dreams
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

Dugit wrote:Orchestral Maneuvres in the Dark: Enola Gay
Whoah, that song is on the Waltz with Bashir soundtrack.
$lave

Everything You Do is a Balloon was the first song I heard by BoC, and still one of my favourites. I don't have a favourite song, but right now I'm listening to Fat Controller by Squarepusher.
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

$lave wrote:Everything You Do is a Balloon was the first song I heard by BoC, and still one of my favourites. I don't have a favourite song, but right now I'm listening to Fat Controller by Squarepusher.
Ah, yes, Squarepusher. Haven't heard that one, though. I'm listening to the 30 second preview on iTunes, and it's alright--never was too fond of him though. I prefer Amon Tobin, and have recently been into Clark (formerly Chris Clark). "Body Riddle" is a great album. "Roulette Thrift Run", "Matthew Unburdened" and "Ted" are my favorites from the album. "Herzog" is good, too.
Last edited by gmanyo on Dec 20th '09, 15:57, edited 1 time in total.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

Dugit wrote:I have a number. Don't shoot me- I'm in to 80's synthpop. Here are my all time favorites:

Orchestral Maneuvres in the Dark: Messages, Enola Gay, Genetic Engineering

Tears for Fears: Mad World

The Human League: Don't You Want Me Baby, Love Action, Mirror Man, Tell Me When, Together in Electric Dreams
You so bought that new Ministry Of Sound 80's CD.. so did I!

My fav of the moment?
Useless, Enjoy The Silence, Walking In My Shoes- all Depeche Mode.
Probably cos i went to see them last week

Pure awesomeness in a pot!
eliasj
Cyborg

gmanyo wrote:What? Not little wings?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9J65j2GNzw
Not intense enough.
Durability
$lave

gmanyo wrote:Ah, yes, Squarepusher. Haven't heard that one, though. I'm listening to the 30 second preview on iTunes, and it's alright--never was too fond of him though. I prefer Amon Tobin, and have recently been into Clark (formerly Chris Clark). "Body Riddle" is a great album.
The only albums I can really stand by Squarepusher are Hard Normal Daddy and Music is Rotted One Note. As far as electronic music goes I mostly listen to Autechre, Boards of Canada and some Aphex Twin. The only album I have by Clark is Clarence Park, which has a few decent tracks. Supposedly his more recent work is a lot better, I might check it out.
Last edited by $lave on Dec 20th '09, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

$lave wrote:The only albums I can really stand by Squarepusher are Hard Normal Daddy and Music is Rotted One Note. As far as electronic music goes I mostly listen to Autechre, Boards of Canada and some Aphex Twin. The only album I have by Clark is Clarence Park, which has a few decent tracks. Supposedly his more recent work is a lot better, I might check it out.
You know, I really hated Clark until quite recently, for some reason. Tastes change, I guess.

Never much liked Aphex Twin or Autechre, but BoC is pretty damn good. I like "Do You Know Squarepusher" by (surprise surprise) Squarepusher.

If we're going for non-electronic music, I've recently been listening to "My Name Is" by Eminem. One of the few rappers I like.
megabyte
Vidmaster

http://maramoskau.ytmnd.com/
Hands down. Nothing beats it.
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

Megabyte wrote:http://maramoskau.ytmnd.com/
Hands down. Nothing beats it.
Wow, I've been listening to this for about 10 minutes straight. It's starting to take over my brain.

Frog blast the vent core!
Marathoner325
Cyborg

Dugit
Vidmaster

gmanyo wrote:Wow, I've been listening to this for about 10 minutes straight. It's starting to take over my brain.

Frog blast the vent core!
I LOVE THIS SONG!!!
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.

effigy
Mjolnir Mark IV

Thank the sun that went nova so that Earth could have iron and silicon.
irons
Vidmaster

I'm gonna eat your dinner for breakfast.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
Dugit
Vidmaster

irons wrote:I'm gonna eat your dinner for breakfast.
Mmm... Elk.

Kurinn
Mjolnir Mark IV

Here's a few from the "Beards of Power" playlist...

Michael McDonald - What a Fool Believes
This is the best rendition of this one I can find. Took the tempo down a little, and sounds just incoherent enough to where you can make out the lyrics but not without cringing a little sometimes.

BONUS: Kenny Loggins Runs This Shit INTO. THE. GROUND.
Not exactly "easy listening".

Kenny Rogers - The Gambler
Know when to run. Preferably before the dealin's done.

Kenny Rogers' Ice Cream Parlor
The little ditty at the end set to the tune of "Lady" is haunting.
irons
Vidmaster

GOTTA KNOW WHEN TO HOLD EM
KNOW WHEN TO FOLD EM
KNOW WHEN TO LOCH AWAY
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
acks45
Mjolnir Mark IV

Truper
Born on Board

Everything off "The Red Album" by Baroness or "Infiltrate.Destroy.Rebuild" by cKy. No matter what music you like, you'll find something you enjoy on these 2 albums. Also, "Ultimate" or "Super Taranta" by Gogol Bordello if you like gypsy punk as much as I do.
The Over-Evaluator
Dugit
Vidmaster

It's shocking that nobody has mentioned this or this!