Shoes for Bush

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

A little activism propaganda:
Friends,
Please forward. I am organizing a protest and collecting old shoes to throw at the gates of the WHITE HOUSE on Bush's last day of office. This action will spread pretty fast over the internet and I would like to see thousands of shoes deposited as close to the White House as possible, bring me your shoes, even if we have to rent a UHaul!
Thanks,
Jamilla

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

December 15, 2008
Contact: Jamilla El-Shafei , cell: 603.969.8426 email: jamillaelshafei@gmail.com
The Kennebunks Peace Department
EVENT: "Shoes for President Bush."

Jamilla El-Shafei, organizer for The Kennebunks Peace Department is organizing
"Shoes for President Bush," in Washington DC on Monday, January 19th, which is President Bush's last day in office. Activists from across the country will be coming to DC for the inaugural and on the day before the event they will bring shoes to throw at the gates of the White House as a symbolic gesture of solidarity with the innocent Iraqi people whose lives have been torn apart from the war.

" In the Middle East throwing a shoe is a big insult, and we stand in solidarity with the journalist in Baghdad who was speaking for the people of Iraq, who are deeply insulted that President Bush would visit their war torn country and pretend that life is now better for the Iraqi people. If you could speak to one of the unembedded journalists, you would realize that innocent people are killed every day, people are not free of fear when they go outside of their houses, many of which are still in ruins, the country's economy is in shambles and there is still not reliable electricity or water, is this what victory looks like? President Bush seemed clueless when he told a reporter that he did not know what the journalist's beef was. Fortunately this presidency is coming to an end soon,"says Jamilla El-Shafei.

Jamilla is asking people to collect old shoes and she and other activists will deliver them to the White House.She is also organizing a car caravan to Washington Dc, leaving on January 17th. To contact Jamilla email her at: jamillaelshafei@gmail.com

--
Jamilla El Shafei
Yay for the people!
Can't speel for hist.
acks45
Mjolnir Mark IV

kind of like a little going away present. something to remember his days as president. i remember doing something like that at Grad. when we went to pick up our diplomas from the principle and shake his hand we would all hand him a rubber ball. and his pockets got full... aaah kids... that was so stupid.
Bridget
Mjolnir Mark IV

Alan wrote:QUOTE(Alan @ Feb 1 2008, 08:14 PM) Also why is Bridget a guy yet he looks so pretty?
SynthNinja
Cyborg

Reading about the shoe incident in the news made my day. I'm gonna send that guy a new pair of kicks made out of solid GOOOLD! GOOOOOOOOOOOLD!
GOT MUSIC? I compose. CLICK HERE! Download my music free or request something tailored to your specifications by PMing me.
acks45
Mjolnir Mark IV

Bridget wrote:funny pic
bridget ftw: http://i38.tinypic.com/juz953.jpeg
Last edited by acks45 on Jan 4th '09, 10:43, edited 1 time in total.
chinkeeyong
Mjolnir Mark IV

Lol @ WoW pic.
Embrace imagination.