We can't let this happen

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.
The One
Born on Board

Look, this is about what it means to be a marathoner. If you just try to focus on what we're "against" you'll miss the entire point of this rally. As I'm sure you're aware, this is not a threat we can take on directly. So your suggestion of just "do something about it" doesn't really show you have a good grasp of what we're trying to accomplish here. The rally IS doing something about it, and let's face it. It's the only thing we can do. And trust me, it'll be enough to fix the problems. As I said earlier, just by making people aware of the problem, and by showing that a large number of people want a change, the whole situation will fix itself.
Idkbutlike2
Cyborg

Gosh I wish I knew what metaserver and against who this is a rally against [MOh]
The cake was a lie, until I ate it...
Just cause I like Windows and Microsoft doesn't make me any less of a Marathon fan!
The Thug
Vidmaster

The One wrote:As I said earlier, just by making people aware of the problem, and by showing that a large number of people want a change, the whole situation will fix itself.
I am a marathoner, and I approve this message.
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.
Idkbutlike2
Cyborg

What the hell is this thread about, damn it?! What metaserver??? And what has happened on it??? The ideas on this topic are so indirect I can barely understand them. Spill it, or kill it!
Just cause I like Windows and Microsoft doesn't make me any less of a Marathon fan!
The One
Born on Board

This thread is about the rally. Did you really not know? Also, the metaserver is the game lobby you enter when you click "Find Internet Games" in alephone. We will meet there.

It doesn't take a genius to see that you're frustrated. I know many other people are frustrated as well. That's why this rally needs to happen. Let us end our common frustration together!
Idkbutlike2
Cyborg

Just sign up at Mariusnet.com and stop complaining about the way they treat guests...
The One
Born on Board

Idkbutlike2 wrote:Just sign up at Mariusnet.com and stop complaining about the way they treat guests...
Who was complaining about how they treat guests? Please stop trolling my topic [MDown] . This isn't a joke.
acks45
Mjolnir Mark IV

I cant believe he thinks this is a mariusnet recruitment thread. the only people here are people who have already been recruited. but this rally will effect the whole Marathon WORLD!! we are just the messengers bringing this to the rest of our community, we are deeply concerned about this rally because it needs our support!
if you can't see what we're rallying for then you need to be shown what it is to be mark IV and to have rights. you need to take a stand. tell the ones that are causing us this grief to stop being the cause of the problem, you need to tell them that you will not take this frustration, you will not be a slave to thier tyrrany. you need to be the best person you can be, that jesus christ in you. so dont let this become another dead thread, we need your support. we all do.
Last edited by acks45 on Oct 6th '08, 19:45, edited 1 time in total.
chinkeeyong
Mjolnir Mark IV

legendary?
Embrace imagination.
Paul
Cyborg

Nah man, heroic.

Do you want us to wear the colors purple and yellow because yellow and purple health canisters make us stronger than those who only take the red?

Yes, I see. We must show we are stronger than those who stay back and are content with their mere red.
MarsMartianMan

You know what, I'm not even going to bother with this thread anymore if you're not going to answer anyone's questions about it directly.
thermoplyae
Mjolnir Mark IV

The One wrote:It's about no longer just being a number.

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!
dude, seriously. dude.
The One
Born on Board

MarsMartianMan wrote:You know what, I'm not even going to bother with this thread anymore if you're not going to answer anyone's questions about it directly.
I really don't know what you mean. I've answered everyone's questions as directly as possible. Anyway, I'm not asking you to bother with the thread, just make sure you show up for the rally. If there has been any confusion for anyone, it is most likely my fault, but since I don't know what the confusion is, I can't really fix it. The people giving speeches at the rally are much better at this stuff than I am, so just wait. You'll regret it if you don't go.
acks45
Mjolnir Mark IV

thermoplyae wrote: I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!
Way to Join The Cause. this is the kind of support we are talking about. we need you, everyone of you. you need too be a part of this for the sake of marathonkind, Even the people in JFO are going to help us out. dont let yourself be told what to do, just stand up and be everything you want to be! this is what this is all about. revolutionizing the way we think of ourselves and convincing them that this is who we are and that we DO exist, that this will stop the tyrranny.
Last edited by acks45 on Oct 6th '08, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.
The One
Born on Board

Ack45, I admire your passion, really I do, but to say this rally will affect the whole WORLD is going a bit far. Yes, I'm sure other communities experience similar problems, but this rally is just going to focus on the Marathon community. Also, I'm not sure who you're referring to when you say people are terrorizing us, but that seems to be a separate issue. If you feel there are people terrorizing us maybe there should be a separate rally for that. This one is just going to focus on the main threat to our community. We can go from there.
Idkbutlike2
Cyborg

Oh this is about the abusive guests the metaserver?
acks45
Mjolnir Mark IV

No, thats not what this is about. this is about being a marathoner, about being the best you can be, it's about forgetting the .wankguest command and showing that your not a number. To show that your not going to stand for this any longer than you already have. its about letting everyone know that you wont take it anymore and that you are going to put an end to this, about becoming better than the riff raff that won't help us win out over this. It's about asking eliza for help when you feel depressed, its about turning off the ignoreguests checkbox and letting yourself be heard!
The One
Born on Board

Ack45, I thought you understood this thing, but now you're just making crap up. [MDown] Guys, just re-read my posts if you want to know what's going on and please come to the rally. A large number of people already let me know they'll be attending, and you don't want to be the only one to miss out!
epstein
Mjolnir Mark IV

The One wrote:Ack45, I thought you understood this thing, but now you're just making crap up.
Thank you for finally saying something about this. I was biting my tongue but it was getting tougher to contain my ire. Look guys, just support the community. Yellow and purple, as I have always worn, is the way to finally convey our solidarity in this matter.

10.12.08. Be there. That is all.
~if I had a rocket launcher, I'd make someone~
chinkeeyong
Mjolnir Mark IV

Screw you guys, I'm wearing blue and orange. [MGrin]
Embrace imagination.
acks45
Mjolnir Mark IV

The One wrote:Ack45, I thought you understood this thing, but now you're just making crap up.
[MErr]
If thats how you feel i will retire from the fight. [MFrown] I will still be there at 10.12.2008 i still care, but my zealousy is not prudent. i see that i speak too openly about the cause, that if i say too much more there will be no reason to hear the speakers at the rally. so I will leave this up to them.

Respectfully Supportive.

-Acks45
thermoplyae
Mjolnir Mark IV

ack45 wrote:forgetting the .wankguest command
If nothing else tips you off, this should be it.
dude, seriously. dude.
Idkbutlike2
Cyborg

No clue what that means, I'm barely on the metaserver anyway...
The One
Born on Board

Idkbutlike2, you keep bringing up the metaserver. I just want to make sure you know that the rally has nothing to do with the metaserver, that is just where we happen to be meeting for the event.
Idkbutlike2
Cyborg

Ok, I guess I'll check it out and maybe then I'll find out what this is all about.