What is the coolest gun you can think of?

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.
chinkeeyong
Mjolnir Mark IV

Just curious, in your personal opinion, what is (are?) the most incredibly awesome and epic weapon (s) you could possibly wield in a Marathon game? I'm thinking of making a scenario, but I need some awesome and over-the-top guns.

My laser-sighted shotgun pistol from my work on Enemi would definitely qualify, but the most awesome weapon I can think of right now would be a dual-wieldable automatic rocket launcher with a flamethrower attachment.
Embrace imagination.
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

The greatest gun I've ever wielded had to have been my old ICER, its ammo being known as icing cake mix batteries. It shot a concentrated beam of drone bolts or shot half its clip (resulting in like a zillion shots) all over the screen. Shongshong even made me a 3d model of it, but I don't think he has it anymore.

Another awesome gun had to be that super jacked fusion cannon seen in one of Rubicon's terminal pictures. I tried putting that in my own scenario a few years ago, and it either shot a whole bunch of charged bolts or... the big one. Shongshong made me a model of that too, and I even showed it to Chris Lund, who responded "Yeah, that was neat B)". Infact, I should take a screenshot!

Don't worry though, the guns in my scenario are a lot less... ridiculous nowadays.

EDIT:

I take that back; the old ALIEN WEAPON was definately the best:

[attachment=2026:lololololol.jpg]

As you can see, I'm a little too reckless for the bobs' tastes.
Attachments
lololololol.jpg
lololololol.jpg (57.94 KiB) Viewed 5470 times
Last edited by Shadowbreaker on Sep 24th '08, 11:20, edited 1 time in total.
chinkeeyong
Mjolnir Mark IV

Shadowbreaker wrote:I take that back; the old ALIEN WEAPON was definately the best
But it's clearly not awesome enough; it's just a pink machine-gun. Booooring. Let's make it fire explosive, armor-piercing fusion bolts at 10x the speed, and maybe then that will count for something. [MTongue]
Embrace imagination.
logan
Mjolnir Mark IV

An AA-12 (fully-automatic shotgun)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c
You can't tell me people don't dream of an automatic shotgun in marathon.
EDIT:The only bad thing is how unbalanced it would be. Shotguns are already somewhat unstoppable in the right hands.

NOTE:skip to about 1 minute in the video to bypass the Bullcrap
Last edited by logan on Sep 25th '08, 01:52, edited 1 time in total.

chinkeeyong
Mjolnir Mark IV

logan wrote:An AA-12 (fully-automatic shotgun)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c
You can't tell me people don't dream of an automatic shotgun in marathon.
EDIT:The only bad thing is how unbalanced it would be. Shotguns are already somewhat unstoppable in the right hands.
laser-sighted shotgun pistol
The greatest gun I've ever wielded had to have been my old ICER, its ammo being known as icing cake mix batteries. It shot a concentrated beam of drone bolts or shot half its clip (resulting in like a zillion shots) all over the screen.
Let's make it fire explosive, armor-piercing fusion bolts at 10x the speed
Tell me about it. [MTongue]
Last edited by chinkeeyong on Sep 25th '08, 08:25, edited 1 time in total.
Embrace imagination.
Idkbutlike2
Cyborg

The BFG10K from Quake 2 [MGrin]
The cake was a lie, until I ate it...
Just cause I like Windows and Microsoft doesn't make me any less of a Marathon fan!
CryoS
Vidmaster

Windbreaker wrote:
OMG AWEZOME
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
VirtualX1
Cyborg

Windbreaker wrote:
I actually have one of those :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
chinkeeyong
Mjolnir Mark IV

Windbreaker wrote:
Holy crap, that rocks. I'll have to use it for inspiration when designing logan's AUTO SHOTGUN.
Last edited by chinkeeyong on Oct 1st '08, 01:43, edited 1 time in total.
Embrace imagination.
phytorian
Spazeroid

a rocket launcher that shoots severed heads on fire, also the heads explode into mini rockets that fly in multipule directions......
chinkeeyong
Mjolnir Mark IV

phytorian wrote:a rocket launcher that shoots severed heads on fire, also the heads explode into mini rockets that fly in multipule directions......
omfg.
Embrace imagination.
chinkeeyong
Mjolnir Mark IV

RyokoTK wrote:the PUNISHER.
A GUN THAT SHOOTS SWORDS.
fwocka-fwocka-fwocka-fwocka-fwocka-fwocka
That... is a glimpse into heaven. [spnkr]

And I always thought Ryoko was a hard-ass.
Embrace imagination.
treellama
Vidmaster

RyokoTK wrote:the FOZZIE BEAR.
A BEAR THAT SHOOTS BAD JOKES.
wokka-wokka-wokka wokka-wokka-wokka
Dodopod
Cyborg

A fully automatic rocket launcher that fires fuel-air rockets, which are attached to smaller rockets that cluster out from the main warhead that are guided and explode by splattering unignited napalm around close enough to the primary missile that when it goes off EVERYTHING is incinerated.
Counter Attack on the Meta
Iritscen
Cyborg

I'm partial to this one (#43).
logan
Mjolnir Mark IV

I must admit that is well thought out. lol.
EDIT: Also, the "real" infinity pistol

That link iritscen posted is basically an endless supply of great weapons.
Last edited by logan on Oct 5th '08, 01:30, edited 1 time in total.

Iritscen
Cyborg

I do have to make a note about practicality, that the Gun That Shoots Ninjas That Throw Napalm and Pigeon Shit and also Cast a Healing Spell Over the Original Gunman and Summon Hot Chicks Playing Kick-Ass Guitar Solos While Showering In a Communal Shower and Are Prone to Acts of Lesbian Sexuality with Each Other might be hard to do in the existing A1 engine. If you have any interest in making this one happen, I suggest filing feature requests with Treellama for implementing napalm, pigeons, and full 3D model support so the hot chicks who are prone to acts of lesbian sexuality can intermingle in a proper 3D manner with each other. Let's face it, sprites just won't do this one justice.

Also, the coolest melee weapon is here, but no one was asking about that.
irons
Vidmaster

[attachment=2084:monster2.png]
Attachments
monster2.png
monster2.png (14.74 KiB) Viewed 5469 times
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
chinkeeyong
Mjolnir Mark IV

irons wrote:rawr
[MDown]
Dodopod wrote:A fully automatic rocket launcher that fires fuel-air rockets, which are attached to smaller rockets that cluster out from the main warhead that are guided and explode by splattering unignited napalm around close enough to the primary missile that when it goes off EVERYTHING is incinerated.
That's difficult to implement. :'(
Iritscen wrote:I do have to make a note about practicality, that the Gun That Shoots Ninjas That Throw Napalm and Pigeon Shit and also Cast a Healing Spell Over the Original Gunman and Summon Hot Chicks Playing Kick-Ass Guitar Solos While Showering In a Communal Shower and Are Prone to Acts of Lesbian Sexuality with Each Other might be hard to do in the existing A1 engine. If you have any interest in making this one happen, I suggest filing feature requests with Treellama for implementing napalm, pigeons, and full 3D model support so the hot chicks who are prone to acts of lesbian sexuality can intermingle in a proper 3D manner with each other. Let's face it, sprites just won't do this one justice.
lol, the GTSNTTNPSCHSOOGSHCPKAGSWSICSPALSEO 3000.

You can already do the napalm, healing and pigeon shit with Lua, and I don't think Switch would allow hot chicks playing kick-ass guitar solos while showering in a communal shower and are prone to acts of lesbian sexuality with each other in a scenario hosted on his server. [MGrin]
Last edited by chinkeeyong on Oct 5th '08, 11:18, edited 1 time in total.
Embrace imagination.