My latest s1k choon

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.
thomaslivingston
Vidmaster

Here's a tune that I've been working on over the past few days. I think it's probably one of the best I've ever done. Tell us what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbdpAk-n7hM
Lemon Pledge

If this is your best you should give up now.

My thoughts.
Idkbutlike2
Cyborg

Not bad [MWuh]
The cake was a lie, until I ate it...
Just cause I like Windows and Microsoft doesn't make me any less of a Marathon fan!
The Thug
Vidmaster

I think your tune is pretty good. My only complaint is it seemed extremely repetitive. Besides that I enjoyed it. Keep up the good work, but try to make your songs a bit more interesting.
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.
thomaslivingston
Vidmaster

Heh, if you think that's repetitive you should hear my 12 minute rave tune.

I'm gonna try and get some vocals and scratching recorded to vary the track a bit.
Lemon Pledge

Tommy-TBone wrote:Heh, if you think that's repetitive you should hear my 12 minute rave tune.

I'm gonna try and get some vocals and scratching recorded to vary the track a bit.

Good. Cause this is boring crap.
Packard20
Mjolnir Mark IV

Damn lemon pledge, lay off.

Anyway, the tune is pretty cool even if I'm not into techno/electronica much. I have to agree with The Thug thats it's a bit repetitive but still good.
ALL HAIL PACKARD THE IDIOT
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

This isn't as good as the tummy teabun one you did.
$lave

I don't think this is your best song, but in general it isn't bad. That said, I can't say I like the more industrial elements, but overall I don't mind your stuff. On this song, the drums almost seem like they stand out just a bit too much; I'm not sure if it's intended to be that way, but when they first came in my initial impression was that they didn't quite fit, although once more tracks came in it sounded better. I actually kind of like the beat in this song, even if I don't really like other parts.

Anyway, I must say that I like criminal chemistry a lot better. Although the beat isn't yours (I'm assuming you still haven't changed that), and I do like the beat, I also like the "melody" in this song, as well as most of the other tracks.

I also like Carbon and Pressurized (which reminded me a bit of windowlicker, by aphex twin) I'd mostly recommend working on your beats a bit, some of them get too repetitive, generally because they stay the same through the entire song with almost no variation. Not to say your beats are bad, I like the beats in hemorrhage and Carbon, but some more variation would be nice. In fact, I'd really just like to see a bit more variation in your songs in general, besides that though I think some of your stuff is really pretty good!
thomaslivingston
Vidmaster

$lave wrote:Anyway, I must say that I like criminal chemistry a lot better. Although the beat isn't yours (I'm assuming you still haven't changed that), and I do like the beat, I also like the "melody" in this song, as well as most of the other tracks.
I've had mixed reviews for Criminal Chemistry. Everyone seems to love or hate the crazy synth in it.
I also like Carbon and Pressurized (which reminded me a bit of windowlicker, by aphex twin)
Wow, really? That's one of my all time favourite tunes and I've never really tried to make anything like it.

I made Carbon for Forrest along with another song. Hopefully they'll be in the next release of Eternal.
$lave

Tommy-TBone wrote:Wow, really? That's one of my all time favourite tunes and I've never really tried to make anything like it.
It's mostly only the part from 7:26 to 7:40 in this video, but I thought of it as soon as I heard the first couple notes of Pressurized.