Other hobbies?

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.
Nathan92
Cyborg

What are your other hobbies besides marathon and videogames, etc?

Lemme see, my other hobbies besides marathon, are drawing, gi joe collecting, biking, not really anything elese though. Except if you can call watching t.v and sleeping hobbies. [MGrin]
T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!
kineticturtle
Vidmaster

Music and theater I guess, but you can't really call them "hobbies" for me, more like "professions".
I'm into being OCD; organizing and cleaning everything. That's probably the closest thing I have to a hobby other than videogames.
Okay maybe drinking, too. That probably counts.
thomaslivingston
Vidmaster

Music is my main hobby - listening to it and making it. I used to be really into gaming but I never have the time any more because of all my schoolwork and the like.
Kinetic Turtle wrote:Okay maybe drinking, too. That probably counts.
Indeed it does. I'll see you on Ale Phone some time.
treellama
Vidmaster

There are other possible hobbies than Aleph One? :(
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

I've grown out of marathon a little....
My main hobbies are:
Spreading the word of marathon,
Acting (I'm pretty good, but nothing special. Just a little better than your average Joe)
Making music (not listening to it though)
Swimming (I'm on the High School swim team)
Finding ways to make me want to do the thing's I'm supposed to be doing so it'll be more fun to do them
Getting into coding
Videogames in general.
Can't speel for hist.
Mordekai
Cyborg

I hate to be the same as other people, but music is one of major "hobbies", although hopefully someday it'll be a profession.
$lave

My hobbies are.. (drum roll)

Guitar, classical and electric, although I mainly write music for electric, and study classical, although I do a some of each on both.

Music, playing it, and definitely listening to it, a lot. Everything from minimalist ambient stuff by Brian Eno, to Piper at the Gates of Dawn by Pink Floyd, I listen to a lot of different music.

Also, skateboarding, and a bit of snowboarding.

I guess thats pretty much all.
megabyte
Vidmaster

simple programming
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]
thomaslivingston
Vidmaster

Pfhortipfhy wrote:Making music (not listening to it though)
That's not good. You're never going to make great music yourself if you don't listen to a wide variety of music to inspire you.
The Thug
Vidmaster

My hobbies besides doing anything marathon related are: playing ping-pong, foosball, hockey, and the clarinet, drinking root beer, playing other video games, very simple programming, making stop motion lego movies, and playing chess.
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.
Pfhorsome
Cyborg

Hmmm, probably hockey, water skiing ( neighbor was a pro xD), music (making/listening/life revolves around it), working out and biking, and Video games and movies and tv aren't super high on my list, but if I get home super late then I might do that.
Other, more rare favorites, mountain climbing, cars, and my obsession with fighters never seems to go away.

But really, when sports and stuff are done, marathon ALWAYS is something I can do.
Ale Phone and Aleph one too if I'm not mistaken too - I think.
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

Tommy-TBone wrote:That's not good. You're never going to make great music yourself if you don't listen to a wide variety of music to inspire you.
Right now all I'm doing is taking private classical piano lessons. Nothing world-moving.
Can't speel for hist.
Dieselfame3
Vidmaster

well my other hobbies besides a1 would be other video games, wilderness survival, and shooting fireworks at my friends
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

Cartooning
Coming up with strange and ridiculous character concepts
Reading
Collecting anime/manga
Soccer (not so much anymore)
Last edited by LegacyTyphoon on Jan 20th '08, 01:44, edited 1 time in total.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.
screamingfool
Mjolnir Mark IV

$lave wrote:Everything from minimalist ambient stuff by Brian Eno, to ... Pink Floyd, I listen to a lot of different music.
if this is expressing two extremes of your musical taste, it's a pretty small slice you've got of that pie.

umm, hobbies - finding and listening to copious amounts of music, leather work, stained glass, sewing, sculpture, making furniture, blacksmithing, bicycling, reading and being a jerk on the pfhorums.
$lave

Okay, I realize there's a LOT of different kinds of music, and I don't even get close to covering it all but..

minimalist to AC/DC and Guns and Roses then? That seems pretty... wide to me, not like Bach, Korn and everything in between though.
Dieselfame3
Vidmaster

pokemans, do you haves them?
kineticturtle
Vidmaster

$lave wrote:Bach, Korn and everything in between though.
Yep, that pretty much covers all well-known non-computer based tonal western music other than gregorian chant, renaissance music and anything in the last 8 years.
Last edited by kineticturtle on Jan 20th '08, 04:36, edited 1 time in total.
davidwood15
Cyborg

Sleep, eat, vidya games, music, wimmenz and drinking if that counts. 8]
Kidtofu
Cyborg

If im not playing Marathon, im usually either skateboarding, joking around, reading anime or watching manga, cooking (when bored, bake a cake.) punching my bag in my room, listening to music , drawing, or sometimes writing poetry. (when bored, scream it out on a piece of paper)

and of course, other video games. most of them being terrible FPS which i wonder why the hell i bought in the first place (except the Orange Box. One of the greatest investment since the computer) some Great RPG's or MMO's (I got World of Warcraft on my birthday. someone wants to kill me.) and of course, the few, the Great, the fighting games. [MSmile]
En Taro Adun,
Executor.

Im dead, man!
Nathan92
Cyborg

Does anyone else collect anything?
T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!
$lave

Oh my god. Triple post. Is this spam?
CryoS
Vidmaster

my hobbies besides marathon?
downloading games, songs, movies etc.
and if a friend asks about a special song they want, ill give it to them in notime!
illegal
illegal
illegal
illegal
illegal
illegal
illegal
illegal
illegal
illegal
illegal
illegaly
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
davidwood15
Cyborg

I collect gypsey tears
kineticturtle
Vidmaster

Nathan92 wrote:Does anyone else collect anything?
Kinda.