Other hobbies?

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.
thomaslivingston
Vidmaster

Oooohhh, I dig. Gotta love the Digitech Whammy.
Here's mine:
kineticturtle
Vidmaster

Tommy-TBone wrote:Gotta love the Digitech Whammy.
Here's mine:
Yeah, the Whammy is great for certain situations, but other times I'd rather use my BOSS PS-3... wait, wtf? Why isn't the PS-3 in the photo? :-\
Oh, I left it at work.
Anyway, they have very different sounds. The new Whammy (like mine) is great for vocals, but for serious guitar work I'd rather get my hands on the original model.

What amp do you have that Marshall footswitch hooked up to?
thomaslivingston
Vidmaster

Kinetic Turtle wrote:Yeah, the Whammy is great for certain situations, but other times I'd rather use my BOSS PS-3... wait, wtf? Why isn't the PS-3 in the photo? :-\
Oh, I left it at work.
Anyway, they have very different sounds. The new Whammy (like mine) is great for vocals, but for serious guitar work I'd rather get my hands on the original model.
For vocals eh? You must be able to get some pretty crazy sounds that way. My Digitech pedal has got a Whammy built in but it's not quite as good as the original. Still great for doing the solo for Killing in The Name.
What amp do you have that Marshall footswitch hooked up to?
A Marshall AVT 50. Both the amp and the footswitch are quite old and could do with being replaced. I might get a Line 6, one of my friends just got a 150 watt one.
Last edited by thomaslivingston on Jan 20th '08, 21:23, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

Well I have not much of a real life (though I do go to a few clubs)...

When I am not playing marathon (or making any marathon based productions), I am either lying on my bed feeling languid, playing with my lego (the toys of champions), playing with my little brother, attempting to beat the sinister zerg campaigns, crapping around on facebook and joining more groups (Ive got 176 so far, bitch), playing old mac games (ambrosia stuff, captain bumper, alien attack [the shit], Jump Zampoli, Mighty Mike!, other pangeasoft games, etc.), sitting on IM, listening to power metal, practicing my cello (which I havent done since october), eating (I eat a damn lot but dont get fat very easily... and on field trips I lose about 9 pounds.), having a mild fever, reading Sherlock Holmes, admiring Rubicon levels, watching what crap cartoon network and Nickelodeon have become, nibbling my nails, yawning, drawing (occasionally), searching for the answers for the right to understand, wearing red, photoshopping strange pictures and putting them on my facebook (or using them as my profile picture...*), hoping John R Dilworth will start making Courage the Cowardly Dog episodes again, obtaining registration codes, and reading lisence agreements.

*:[attachment=1371:owsla.png]
Attachments
owsla.png
owsla.png (194.81 KiB) Viewed 5574 times
Mordekai
Cyborg

Kinetic Turtle wrote:*Pedals!*
Nice. I don't have that many pedals, but I think my favorite pedal is the Boss Metal Zone. That's a pretty manly pedal.
Longinus
Mjolnir Mark IV

^ hmm that reminds me, I need to get some bloody pedals!

Anyway, my hobbies include: Working on my car, participating in auto crosses/ time trial events, drawing, photoshopping, studying architecture, collecting and painting models (wh40k heh), watching rally videos, making electronica/rock music, and hiking.
- - - Marathon fan since 1994 - - -
kineticturtle
Vidmaster

Mordekai wrote:Nice. I don't have that many pedals, but I think my favorite pedal is the Boss Metal Zone. That's a pretty manly pedal.
the MT-2 is a pretty nice pedal, and rather versatile for both rock and for noise, but I get more boom out of my ODB-3, more grind out of my old-school RAT, and more weird noises out of my Japanese DF-2.
Longinus wrote:^ hmm that reminds me, I need to get some bloody pedals!
Don't buy them already bloodied, you gotta work at that yourself.
Longinus
Mjolnir Mark IV

That I will, wise words from a wise man. [MSmile]
- - - Marathon fan since 1994 - - -
Jim
Cyborg

Let's see... music, foreign language (mostly Latin), and sports. I play the guitar, study latin, and play football and baseball.
I don't care anymore.
Nathan92
Cyborg

$lave wrote:Oh my god. Triple post. Is this spam?
Oh, oops..
Just deleted them.
T-Minus 15.193792102158E+9 years until the universe closes!
Magnum
Cyborg

King Kidtofu wrote:...reading anime or watching manga...
LOL, really?
kineticturtle
Vidmaster

He reads anime scripts and has other people turn the pages in manga for him.
obbieGL
Cyborg

Ecstasy and various forms of unprotected sex.
soulblighter
Cyborg

Hobbies besides Marathon?
Hmm. This could take a while.
Nope. Nothing.
Oh wait!
Dragonlance. I read Dragonlance books.
[viral]
Nobody hipped me to that, dude.
I will blight your soul!
megabyte
Vidmaster

i know for a fact that you play other games
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

Soulblighter wrote:Dragonlance. I read Dragonlance books.
Plotholes ahoy!

How do you stand that shit? It's ok, but I found one major plot hole and one case of very very very bad description in one of the books, made me put it down.
Can't speel for hist.
thomaslivingston
Vidmaster

obbieGL wrote:Ecstasy and various forms of unprotected sex.
Wanna be friends?
Pfhorsome
Cyborg

Dude's, I gave up with my pedals, because ther is a point where you have too many. Really . . .
Now, Cry-Baby original and DF DS-7 - I'm just keeping it real. OOh OOHHH and my bitchin' ES 335.
Pfhorsome
Cyborg

Dude's, I gave up with my pedals, because ther is a point where you have too many. Really . . .
Now, Cry-Baby original and DF DS-7 - I'm just keeping it real. OOh OOHHH and my bitchin' ES 335.
If you are even considering it. TOTALLY WORTH IT.

Crap. Sry for the double post.
Last edited by Pfhorsome on Jan 27th '08, 20:29, edited 1 time in total.
thomaslivingston
Vidmaster

You can delete your posts fool!
megabyte
Vidmaster

Pfhortipfhy wrote:Plotholes ahoy!

How do you stand that shit? It's ok, but I found one major plot hole and one case of very very very bad description in one of the books, made me put it down.
where are the plot holes?
the original 9 are so well written
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]
soulblighter
Cyborg

Megabyte wrote:where are the plot holes?
the original 9 are so well written
My thoughts exactly.
Please explain the plot hole, Pfhortipfhy.
[viral]
Nobody hipped me to that, dude.
I will blight your soul!
The Thug
Vidmaster

Yes. Do tell us.
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.
Bridget
Mjolnir Mark IV

I have over 90 gigabytes worth of hentai images. That number keeps increasing as time goes by.
Alan wrote:QUOTE(Alan @ Feb 1 2008, 08:14 PM) Also why is Bridget a guy yet he looks so pretty?