SSBB

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.
StoneClench
Cyborg

Pfhortipfhy wrote:Zelda (for sheik)
I used to use Zelda for Sheik too when I started playing. But that is a pretty bad tactic when you verse stronger players or compete in a proper tournament as wave dashing and L Cancels can bring any characters speed up, You use Sheik to either out speed opponents (with a combination of wave dashing to be extra zippy), get small damage fast, or chain throwing which can end a game in seconds. Once you have accumulated enough damage, swap into Zelda for sending attacks, iirc her mid air forward attack is the best sending attack in the game but very hard to master. Also when sent flying, change into Zelda and use her warp back to stage. I also like Sheik's chain ;D very good for flicking back bombs.
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

I never liked zelda because most of her attacks were long ranged and left her vulnerable
Can't speel for hist.
Dannicus
Born on Board

Zott wrote:Man, they must really be bad, or you must be very good. Especially if Team Damage was Disabled. Ganondorf could destroy Pichu any day.
Assuming Ganondorf hits. You need to time your bigger hits very well against Pichu when playing as Major Fisting because most go right over his head.

In similar news of 3 VS 1, we've done "Juggernaught" before at my community college in which one has handicap to fly very little VS 3 who are handicapped to be knocked out easily on Battlefield (or whatever the no platform stage is). Someone Juggernaughted Jigglypuff, and I being the great Jigglypuff impersonator of the group shouted, "Don't you know who I am? I'M THE JUGGERPUFF, BITCH!" ... good times [MGrin] Ranged characters are really hard to fight as he juggernaught lol.
kineticturtle
Vidmaster

I've never played as any character other than MegaMan; I don't see why anyone would, but lucky for me, that's what makes him so strong; his ability to take the special weapons of other characters and switch between them. Well used, it gives you an opportunity to change your skill set to play against your opponent's weaknesses!
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

Kinetic Turtle wrote:I've never played as any character other than MegaMan; I don't see why anyone would, but lucky for me, that's what makes him so strong; his ability to take the special weapons of other characters and switch between them. Well used, it gives you an opportunity to change your skill set to play against your opponent's weaknesses!
What the hell?
If this is a joke, I'm not feelin' it.
Can't speel for hist.
kineticturtle
Vidmaster

Shows what you know.
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

Kinetic Turtle wrote:Shows what you know.
How do I get megaman, then?
Can't speel for hist.
kineticturtle
Vidmaster

You've had six years to figure it out for yourself, why should I tell you?
Besides, the very nature of the character is such that, the more people use him and know how to use him, the more banal he becomes to play. The beauty of the character is in stealing the weapons of other characters.
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

Exactly like kirby.
Can't speel for hist.
kineticturtle
Vidmaster

No, Kirby can steal any ONE player's weapon at a time, and loses it under various circumstances. MegaMan picks up the weapon of every player he kills (after a slight animation during which he is vulnerable), and keeps it for the rest of the game; plus, you can switch between them by holding down B and hitting L and R (the weapon you've selected is indicated by MegaMan's color, like in the old games). Similar, but definitely not the same.
Dannicus
Born on Board

My megaman can beat your megaman, KT.
kineticturtle
Vidmaster

You're on, Dannicus.
Dannicus
Born on Board

OMG Woodman shield! *vooosh*
EDX
Cyborg

Metal Blades!!!
You know what? Video games kick ASS!!!
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

Hammer
Pwns all.
Can't speel for hist.
kineticturtle
Vidmaster

The "Woodman shield" is called "leaf shield", and it is not available in SSBM because Woodman is not in SSBM.
And the hammer only owns all if the top doesn't fall off, and if you don't have to jump to get anywhere on the map.
Zott
Vidmaster

No no no you've got it all wrong KT.

You have to set the Gamecube system date to 1/1/2001, then you start up super Smash Brothers Melee. Start Adventure Mode, set it to Very Hard, and One Life. You can't use a continue. Also, you must select Samus (Who other character would you expect?) And change it to the black one. Get to the last stage, picking up any trophies along the way, you can't miss any for this to work. Get to Crazy Hand. Now this next part is tricky. Jump off the stage to the righthand side. You will reach the continue screen. Exit, and go to the trophy lottery machine. Now if you did everything else right a megaman trophy should popout and Megaman will be a playable character.

Or you can believe it is total Balony, such as the ability to unlock a black kirby in Super smash Brothers or Metal Mario in the same. (Unless of course you do some gamesharking or action replaying, then you do whatever you want, even make your own Megaman mod.)
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee
kineticturtle
Vidmaster

What do you mean, I've got it all wrong? I already unlocked him. You can tell Pfhortiphy whatever lies you want.
$lave

Pfhortipfhy, how could you _NOT_ know about MegaMan? They practically GIVE him to you, he's the better version of Kirby in the game, like Falco is the "improved" fox (although fox is better imo). Anyway, the only character you should ever use is YOSHI! The best I've ever doen though is beat 3 level 9 Iceclimbers, I haven't played in a long time though.
Dannicus
Born on Board

Kinetic Turtle wrote:Jibba Jabba
Ya know what, KT? Your mom, the Pope, and about 50 variously disfigured rodents.

That being said... I'm using my Gutsman powers now. Just let me find something to pick up and throw.
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

Well, too bad I've unlocked both master and crazy hand as playable characters by typing the secret code into the famed "golden trophy."
If you have a second player you can do their team attacks, even if you're on different teams.
Can't speel for hist.
Darkwrath
Mjolnir Mark IV

Zott wrote:No no no you've got it all wrong KT.
You have to set the Gamecube system date to 1/1/2001, then you start up super Smash Brothers Melee. Start Adventure Mode, set it to Very Hard, and One Life. You can't use a continue. Also, you must select Samus (Who other character would you expect?) And change it to the black one. Get to the last stage, picking up any trophies along the way, you can't miss any for this to work. Get to Crazy Hand. Now this next part is tricky. Jump off the stage to the righthand side. You will reach the continue screen. Exit, and go to the trophy lottery machine. Now if you did everything else right a megaman trophy should popout and Megaman will be a playable character.
Or you can believe it is total Balony, such as the ability to unlock a black kirby in Super smash Brothers or Metal Mario in the same. (Unless of course you do some gamesharking or action replaying, then you do whatever you want, even make your own Megaman mod.)
That is the biggest load i've ever heard
There is no megaman, no koopa, no perin.
The world is filled with bastard covered bastards with bastard fillings.

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|......, ] -
"(@)'(@)"""**|(@)(@)*** **''(@)

I'MMA FIRIN' MAH LAZAR
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

-JC- wrote:no koopa, no perin.
Then why does Cheatplanet have it, hmmmm?
Can't speel for hist.
The Thug
Vidmaster

-JC- wrote:There is no megaman, no koopa, no perin.
What are you talking about? I am Megaman.
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.
EDX
Cyborg

The Thug wrote:What are you talking about? I am Megaman.
If so, tell me this, are you megaman x as well.

Before the Master Chief=Security Officer Conspiracy theory,
there was the Megaman=Megaman X theory.
You know what? Video games kick ASS!!!