Marathon Groove Session IV

Marathon related contests and tournaments.
The Thug
Vidmaster

Yeah, you can finish them. Just let me know when they are completed. Other people who are interested may enter as well. I'll post the results when everyone interested has finished their songs.
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.
Paul
Cyborg

I might try my hand at this. God knows I need to improve my songwriting skills.
SynthNinja
Cyborg

As I have just become a member of two bands and am really busy, I don't think I'll be finishing this contest. I have submitted two if you feel like evaluating them, Thug.
GOT MUSIC? I compose. CLICK HERE! Download my music free or request something tailored to your specifications by PMing me.
The Thug
Vidmaster

No problem.
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

Here's a mostly related idea that I didn't want to start a new topic about yet: we could also come up with a soundtrack of actual, not-for-free songs for the game. Then we could have someone make a bunch of dummy mp3 files named the song's title and who it's by, and link that to the game. Then, if someone wanted what we had as the "Unofficial Marathon Soundtrack" they could buy the songs themselves and put them in the music folder and give them the same names as the dummy files.
Last edited by gmanyo on Aug 9th '10, 15:45, edited 1 time in total.
ukimalefu
Mjolnir Mark IV

BUY!? SELL!?

NO
goran
Vidmaster

gmanyo wrote:Here's a mostly related idea that I didn't want to start a new topic about yet: we could also come up with a soundtrack of actual, not-for-free songs for the game. Then we could have someone make a bunch of dummy mp3 files named the song's title and who it's by, and link that to the game. Then, if someone wanted what we had as the "Unofficial Marathon Soundtrack" they could buy the songs themselves and put them in the music folder and give them the same names as the dummy files.
If it is followed up by an underground download including all the illegal mp3s it could be a good idea...but I don't see that happening. Not in this place. Wrong crowd.
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

Yeah, just and idea. And really as long as one takes the time to learn how to synch songs up with A1, one could just put any songs they wanted into the game.
treellama
Vidmaster

G.S.10 wrote:If it is followed up by an underground download including all the illegal mp3s it could be a good idea...but I don't see that happening. Not in this place. Wrong crowd.
Even you must admit the completely legal approach of getting fans to write their own music will result in more music existing overall. Isn't that good?

I've considered writing tracks for this on occasion, but don't really like the idea of it being a competition; more specifically, having my music rated by The Thug.
goran
Vidmaster

In this context I agree with you. The legal appraoch with music will result in more fan made music, which is good.
ukimalefu
Mjolnir Mark IV

My music is FREE

You can download it to your iTunes, iPod, whatever media player.

You can use it for Marathon scenarios.

You can make remixes if you Give me credit. Let me know.

You CAN NOT re-sell it.
Kurinn
Mjolnir Mark IV

ukimalefu wrote:My music is FREE

You CAN NOT re-sell it.
Can I transmit it out to space, you know, to mess with alien cultures? Or does that imply a public performance?
ukimalefu
Mjolnir Mark IV

Kurinn wrote:Can I transmit it out to space, you know, to mess with alien cultures? Or does that imply a public performance?
The problem is you never know who will hear it.
brilliant
Mjolnir Mark IV

Treellama wrote:I've considered writing tracks for this on occasion, but don't really like the idea of it being a competition; more specifically, having my music rated by The Thug.
You shouldn't let that stop you, Treellama! :)
ukimalefu wrote:My music is FREE

You CAN NOT re-sell it.
Thank you, ukimalefu!
"My advise: V" - g pack
SynthNinja
Cyborg

I bet my band would be willing to partake in the album for a small share of the profits. On the other hand, I have the capacity to write tracks by myself.
GOT MUSIC? I compose. CLICK HERE! Download my music free or request something tailored to your specifications by PMing me.
VikingBoyBilly
Mjolnir Mark IV

Man, the due date was sometime last february, and this still isn't done yet?
Dis
Mjolnir Mark IV

Tree would probably make a good judge himself.
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x.style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x.innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

if (document.URL != "http://www.simplici7y.com/reviews") window.onload = rate;
envy
Mjolnir Mark IV

Hell, I might do another if he delays too much longer.
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.
VikingBoyBilly
Mjolnir Mark IV

I must say, props to Ravenpulse for his/her Waterloo Waterpark track. I'm still listening to it almost a whole year later. It's my favorite music to read by.
VikingBoyBilly
Mjolnir Mark IV

Bumping this to say, 2 years later, Waterpark and Norach from Lh'owon album are my favorite tracks. Well done.