Marathon Mayhem Tournament

Marathon related contests and tournaments.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Yeah, that would make the most sense.

Why would you bar people from joining? By what standards would you include or exclude people?
Longinus
Mjolnir Mark IV

Well of course I want this to be open to everyone. But how do you imagine participants moving to the next round of the tournament if there are people constantly getting on and off marathon? How will you control the flow of everything?
- - - Marathon fan since 1994 - - -
megabyte
Vidmaster

we could start a signup of people who want to participate
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

But how do you imagine participants moving to the next round of the tournament if there are people constantly getting on and off marathon? How will you control the flow of everything?
I would certainly hope that anyone who intends to participate actually plans on sticking around.
megabyte
Vidmaster

hey ryoko, can you draw up brackets for the open round and the tournament?
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
[viral]
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Under what rules? My rules? Whose rules? How many participants are there?

Good lord, get your act together.
treellama
Vidmaster

All contests and tournaments do is foster ill will. Do you really want more of that around here?
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

We have other qualities?
megabyte
Vidmaster

RyokoTK wrote:Under what rules? My rules? Whose rules? How many participants are there?

Good lord, get your act together.
we have no other rules than yours so far. so i guess we are using yours

i'll start a signup thread
Last edited by megabyte on Jul 27th '07, 19:30, edited 1 time in total.
Favorite quote
[viral]
megabyte
Vidmaster

here is a website i set up

what maps should be hosted in the mmt3?
Favorite quote
[viral]
Pfhorever
Born on Board

I don't really want to be a participant in the tournament, but I'd be happy to be a judge(which you should have at least 3 of) or the person who sets up the tournament map set. I would participate, but I'm going to be kinda busy at that time. And how quickly do you plan on moving through each bracket? Not everyone will show up at the same time.
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

Your banner sucks bigtime. I made you a better one. Stay away from the bevels.

[attachment=799:olympics.jpg]
Attachments
olympics.jpg
olympics.jpg (168.99 KiB) Viewed 13597 times
Switch
Vidmaster

Hey Shadowbreaker. Your banner sucks bigtime. I made you a better one. Lets try to be less cocky next time.
Nice texturing on the marathon logo though.

kineticturtle
Vidmaster

You do realize that 12 noon EST is 9 in the goddamn morning on a Sunday for those on the west coast, right?
Pfhorever
Born on Board

Kinetic Turtle wrote:You do realize that 12 noon EST is 9 in the goddamn morning on a Sunday for those on the west coast, right?
You may want to go with something more reasonable. Such as a different Time Zone. Perhaps central time? or Pacific, that way it's noon in pacific, and the latest time zone in the us would be at what? 3 or 4? If you go with central time, it's noon in central, then it's 10 on the west coast, and 1 on the east coast! maybe not.
Hey Shadowbreaker. Your banner sucks bigtime. I made you a better one. Lets try to be less cocky next time.
You do realize you just did the exact same thing he did? Take a bit of your own advice. Nice job on the banner though!
Longinus
Mjolnir Mark IV

Nice banner appleswitch.
- - - Marathon fan since 1994 - - -
Windbreaker
Mjolnir Mark IV

Pfh wrote:You do realize you just did the exact same thing he did? Take a bit of your own advice. Nice job on the banner though!
You don't say! Uhm... he meant to do that, dude. It's called giving someone their own medicine...
Last edited by Windbreaker on Jul 29th '07, 19:26, edited 1 time in total.
kineticturtle
Vidmaster

Pfh wrote:You may want to go with something more reasonable. Such as a different Time Zone. Perhaps central time? or Pacific,
Exactly. If the tournament is at 12noon pacific, then it's at 3pm on the east coast; a safe time for everyone involved.
megabyte
Vidmaster

Kinetic Turtle wrote:Exactly. If the tournament is at 12noon pacific, then it's at 3pm on the east coast; a safe time for everyone involved.
sure. why not?
Favorite quote
[viral]
kineticturtle
Vidmaster

Megabyte wrote:sure. why not?
I dunno, why not? I can't think of any reason. You gonna make some kind of official announcement, maybe, to avoid confusion?
megabyte
Vidmaster

Kinetic Turtle wrote:I dunno, why not? I can't think of any reason. You gonna make some kind of official announcement, maybe, to avoid confusion?
ok,
INSTEAD OF BEING AT NOON EST, MMT3 IS NOW AT 3 PM EST
Favorite quote
[viral]
treellama
Vidmaster

Good job announcing times in EST when nearly all of the country normally in that time zone is currently in EDT.
treellama
Vidmaster

Noon in New York is neither 3 pm EST nor 3 pm EDT, so, that timetable is totally bogus.
Last edited by treellama on Jul 31st '07, 00:05, edited 1 time in total.
Darkwrath
Mjolnir Mark IV

appleswitch wrote:Hey Shadowbreaker. Your banner sucks bigtime. I made you a better one. Lets try to be less cocky next time.
Nice texturing on the marathon logo though.
I like Shadowbreaker's better
The world is filled with bastard covered bastards with bastard fillings.

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|......, ] -
"(@)'(@)"""**|(@)(@)*** **''(@)

I'MMA FIRIN' MAH LAZAR