Aye Mak Sicur, but its Garry's Mod

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.
Qweasy908
Cyborg

Have you seen the half life 1 mod marathon rampancy?

http://forums.bungie.org/story/?read=63190

It has Pfhactory with infinity textures, but I don't know why Pfhactory N' Utopia / Aye Mak Sicur wasn't made. I think
the map can work in source engine so now I'm recreating it for Garry's Mod.

With all 1023 polygons remade in Hammer Editor, the total amount of 3D brushes is 4294. I had to do some editing so the map would work. The same edit I had planned for unreal tournament was used. There was a problem with some floors, ceilings, and walls having zero space between them and the smallest I could go was 8 units. Some space was added to walls and ceilings for the tunnels and the second floor was moved up around the center area. The 5D space bridge was merged with the visible part of the moving platform to make a 3D bridge and can be made to actually move up and down. The two windows with polygons occupying the same space was merged into one. I had a problem making it to scale with low ceilings at a world unit of 96 so I changed it to 128.

I'm done with making polygons in Hammer Editor and figured out everything I need to make the map in source engine. I thought about making Aye Mak Sicur a community map for Team Fortress 2, but decided to go with Garry's Mod.
Attachments
Aye Mak Sicur in the Hammer Editor, 6 months of work.
Aye Mak Sicur in the Hammer Editor, 6 months of work.
Lion O Cyborg
Cyborg

Qweasy908 wrote:Have you seen the half life 1 mod marathon rampancy?

http://forums.bungie.org/story/?read=63190

It has Pfhactory with infinity textures, but I don't know why Pfhactory N' Utopia / Aye Mak Sicur wasn't made. I think
the map can work in source engine so now I'm recreating it for Garry's Mod.

With all 1023 polygons remade in Hammer Editor, the total amount of 3D brushes is 4294. I had to do some editing so the map would work. The same edit I had planned for unreal tournament was used. There was a problem with some floors, ceilings, and walls having zero space between them and the smallest I could go was 8 units. Some space was added to walls and ceilings for the tunnels and the second floor was moved up around the center area. The 5D space bridge was merged with the visible part of the moving platform to make a 3D bridge and can be made to actually move up and down. The two windows with polygons occupying the same space was merged into one. I had a problem making it to scale with low ceilings at a world unit of 96 so I changed it to 128.

I'm done with making polygons in Hammer Editor and figured out everything I need to make the map in source engine. I thought about making Aye Mak Sicur a community map for Team Fortress 2, but decided to go with Garry's Mod.
Would it also be available as a community map for Black Mesa? Some people at Valve were Marathon fans (possibly Gabe or Mark?) and so they remade a Marathon 1 bonus netmap, Halls of Death (which the Aleph One version doesn't have) in both Half Life 1's multiplayer and Half Life 2 Deathmatch under different names.
Zott
Vidmaster

That's some interesting trivia Lion O Cyborg. Had to see for myself.
Video Link for more info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8g-n8ClZ1s
Qweasy908
Cyborg

Halls3 is a re-imagining remake of Halls of Death, cool. When valve designed Source Engine I think they planned for games like Marathon.

My plan is a exact remake of Aye Mak Sicur or the multiplayer version Pfhactory N' Utopia, going for a retro look using the original infinity textures. I could make the map for any Source Engine game.

So far I have the platforms and doors working just like they would in Marathon.