Weland plugins don't work

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.
Lion O Cyborg
Cyborg

I recently got the lolplugins 1.2 for Weland and placed them in the Weland plugins folder for 1.4.4. However, they don't work: the plugins menu on the ribbon says "none" whether there are plugins in the folder or not. (This is on my Windows version, haven't tried it on my Mac yet)

The readme for the plugins says "These are plugins for Weland version 1.4.3. Just drop the plugins (dlls) that you want into your Weland 'Plugins' directory. And quit bitching about dlls on a Mac, it works fine." Unless they aren't compatible with 1.4.4, doing what the readme says does nothing and Weland thinks there are none installed.

Here's a link to the full size image as BBcode hates everyone.

https://lion-o-cyborg-iii.tumblr.com/po ... the-bloody

How do I fix this?
Last edited by Lion O Cyborg on Jan 21st '19, 10:26, edited 1 time in total.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Compile them yourself. The source code is available.
Lion O Cyborg
Cyborg

Wrkncacnter wrote:Compile them yourself. The source code is available.
I don't know how to compile anything. I can't code. How do I compile them? The instructions in the source code folder say to drop the plugin folders (the ones in the source code folder) into the Weland directory, go into the plugin directory in question and type "make" but when I do that it opens a web browser page that says "make’s server IP address could not be found." The makefile files are simply listed as "file" in windows explorer and I have no idea what program they need to run properly.
doctorbenjiphd
Cyborg

I have the same problem with plugins in Weland, and likewise don't know my head from a hole in the ground when it comes to coding. I would like to know how to do this. W'rk, an actual answer would be more helpful than just being told to "do it ourselves."
Lion O Cyborg
Cyborg

doctorbenjiphd wrote:I have the same problem with plugins in Weland, and likewise don't know my head from a hole in the ground when it comes to coding. I would like to know how to do this. W'rk, an actual answer would be more helpful than just being told to "do it ourselves."
My thoughts exactly.
ravenshining
Vidmaster

To use them without compiling, use the same version of Weland as they were compiled for, thus, to use a 1.4.3 plugin you need Weland 1.4.3.

As for compiling... wow. Okay. First, compiling =/= coding, you don't have to know or write any code, you just need to be able to use a command line... which, considering you tried to enter make into windows explorer, I'm guessing you have no idea how to do. Which, I'm kinda tripping out on and feeling old about now.

You need to have basic compiling stuff installed if Windows doesn't already (I am not a Windows person and can't help you there), you need to navigate and enter commands in a terminal and not windows explorer, and you should probably get someone patient to help you in real time.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

I've never compiled it on anything other than linux, and any compiled DLLs I've ever made have never worked for anyone but me, so I can't help you. For what it's worth, the readme sounds out of date, since I compiled those plugins against Weland 1.4.4.

I guess start googling how to compile mono programs, and look at the makefile for reference? Out of curiosity, what plugin are you trying to use anyway?
Lion O Cyborg
Cyborg

Wrkncacnter wrote:I've never compiled it on anything other than linux, and any compiled DLLs I've ever made have never worked for anyone but me, so I can't help you. For what it's worth, the readme sounds out of date, since I compiled those plugins against Weland 1.4.4.

I guess start googling how to compile mono programs, and look at the makefile for reference? Out of curiosity, what plugin are you trying to use anyway?
Visual Mode and Stair generator. I hope to use them on my Mac as well, as that will be my main map making machine.

I know about command lines (thanks to DOSbox for games and Kali in Cyber Security class in college) and I tried using the windows one after I last posted (not the Powershell command prompt, the original one) but typing makefile or make in the directory it was in didn't work and just made it say it wasn't a recognised program or batch file.

Looking at makefile in Notepad++, I think it's a Visual C# file like the VISUALMODE.cs under it, but that's only a guess and I doubt I'm correct. There's no documentation on compiling it and googling it just throws up results with a lot of C# jargon I don't understand as I've never used Visual Studio ever. This includes programs I don't think I even have, such as IDE and Azure pipelines:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visual ... ew=vs-2017

I appear to have MSBuild command line; it's in my Microsoft framework64 directory under V4.0.30319. I dare not use it as I don't want to break my PC as I've never used it before and don't know how. I didn't even know it was there.
treellama
Vidmaster

Stair Generator isn't very useful, but it's totally worth your time compiling Weland Visual Mode plugin.
Lion O Cyborg
Cyborg

treellama wrote:Stair Generator isn't very useful, but it's totally worth your time compiling Weland Visual Mode plugin.
Thanks Gregory. :) Could you tell me how to compile plugins into Weland 1.4.4? (Both for Windows and Mac, assuming the Mac OSX is High Sierra)