Why can't I place a 3x recharger?

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.
hatrickpatrick
Born on Board

Relatively new to mapping, so sorry if this is a newb question: I have both Basilisk running Forge, and Weland / Aleph One Visual Mode. In either one, I only have the option to place 1x or 2x shield rechargers - in Forge, the 3x isn't mentioned at all, while in Aleph One Visual Mode it appears, but is disabled / greyed out in the selector, unlike either the 1x or 2x ones which work fine. What am I missing? Are there certain types of map which don't support the 3x recharger to begin with?

The maps I'm working with are for Marathon 2.
Flowers
Cyborg

hatrickpatrick wrote:Relatively new to mapping, so sorry if this is a newb question: I have both Basilisk running Forge, and Weland / Aleph One Visual Mode. In either one, I only have the option to place 1x or 2x shield rechargers - in Forge, the 3x isn't mentioned at all, while in Aleph One Visual Mode it appears, but is disabled / greyed out in the selector, unlike either the 1x or 2x ones which work fine. What am I missing? Are there certain types of map which don't support the 3x recharger to begin with?

The maps I'm working with are for Marathon 2.
When you put down the 3x recharge texture, a screen will pop up asking you to assign a property to the texture. You can then select 3x recharge.

I use vasara, not visual mode, but I *imagine* it's the same for visual mode. I haven't tried visual mode but I've heard vasara is easier for beginners to use so maybe try that if visual mode is giving you issues. Hopefully this helps? :/
Attachments
Aleph One 4_7_2018 12_34_36 PM.png
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

I remember in Forge sometimes being unable to place 3x chargers, I think maybe when using a specific texture set (lava)? I never did get to the bottom of it though.
philtron
Mjolnir Mark IV

Pfhorrest is correct. This happens in Forge on a certain texture set, although I think it might have been the water texture set maybe.
treellama
Vidmaster

The water set doesn't have a 3X recharger, so you can't use it in maps with that set in Forge. In Aleph One Visual Mode you can use it by switching to sewage or lava.