Show my Zip

Discuss map ideas, techniques, and give help.
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

As requested by Pfhorrest. I will send a zip with some maps and pictures.

Instead of forcing you people into making an example. I will get you an example instead.
Attachments
RenMap.zip
Hope it works?
(11.17 KiB) Downloaded 334 times
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

No one knows what you're talking about. Please keep your posts in one thread rather than keep making new ones. Can someone just take away this guy's ability to make new topics and just make one for him to use from now on?
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

PM thread for reference:
Pfhorrest wrote:The last I remember it sounded like Atque itself was crashing on you just trying to split open the stock Infinity map, so there's probably not anything you're doing wrong, and sending you an example package wouldn't help because it would still just crash.

I don't know why Atque is crashing on you and you'd probably need someone with more programming knowledge like Treellama to help sort that out. My guess would be some kind of incompatibility with something on your system. Maybe check the readme for Atque and see if it mentions any specific dependencies, and make sure you have everything it says it needs? I just don't know beyond that, sorry.
Screamernail wrote:No it doesn't crash when I split, it's when I merge sometimes. Mostly it will say it was successful but it would either show error 1 or or crash ingame.
Pfhorrest wrote:Okay so you can successfully split open the Infinity map file? Because that is what we'd send you as an example of how to structure a merge folder.

Can you then re-merge the split Infinity map folder, without making any changes to it?

If not, then the problem is still with Atque, since that should work.

If so, then the problem is with the structure of your merge folder somehow, and we'd have to see it in order to troubleshoot further. Maybe you could zip it up and post it in a thread for people to examine.
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

Screamernail wrote:I will get you an example instead.
Okay, I just took at look at this. Your folder structure looks fine. Atque merges it for me without error. And I can play it in Infinity just fine. (The terminals complain that term picts are missing, but that's not surprising because there are none). I don't see any problem with this, so it looks like you're doing everything right. If something is still crashing for you, I don't know what or why. Is it Atque or Aleph One that's crashing?

FWIW here is the merged file that Atque spits out of your folder for me.
Attachments
RenMap.sceA.zip
(8.31 KiB) Downloaded 332 times
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

I don't know what happened with the pictures. They should be there but i just forgot to add them.

That's not important anyway. So something IS wrong with Atque. Maybe it's the version I have which is 1.1.2 or do it need something else it didn't tell me about?
Attachments
Resources.zip
Feel't like finishing it off
(1.54 MiB) Downloaded 340 times
patrick
Mjolnir Mark IV

Screamernail wrote:So something IS wrong with Atque
PEBCAtqueK
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

patrick wrote:
Screamernail wrote:So something IS wrong with Atque
PEBCAtqueK
At-least my Atque.
treellama
Vidmaster

patrick wrote: PEBCAtqueK
Atque with you
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

Jesus treellama help
treellama
Vidmaster

I can't really help until I get my laptop back.

In the meantime you could provide some essential information like what you're trying to do, what problem you're having, what operating system you're using, etc. Instead of posting zip files with zero explanation in the wrong subforum.
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

What? Does it not work on the Sierra system?
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

No one can help you if you are unable to read and follow simple directions, sorry.
Meerjel01
Mjolnir Mark IV

You know. I should just work on Xcode projects instead.